New to me.

What upgrades ?
I have a new Pilote and well pleased, utter luxury after my previous pvc.
Spent a small fortune on my upgrades, satellite, Avtex tv, Alugas refillable gas cylinders, extra battery, alarm, tracker, Disklok, mirror guards, cab seat covers, cab rubber mat. I could go on but you get the picture lol ! It had a factory fitted solar panel or that would have been another expense.
Never totalled the upgrade costs up, must be a small fortune.

Last edited:
Good on ye jim I’ll have a look at one of the meets. I was in your neck of the woods today stayed last night at Lochgilphead then round to Tarbert had a bite to eat cycled down the full length of the canal nackerd then down the rd via the slanj for dinner.?

What upgrades ?
I have a new Pilote and well pleased, utter luxury after my previous pvc.
Spent a small fortune on my upgrades, satellite, Avtex tv, Alugas refillable gas cylinders, extra battery, alarm, tracker, Disklok, mirror guards, cab seat covers, cab rubber mat. I could go on but you get the picture lol ! It had a factory fitted solar panel or that would have been another expense.
Never totalled the upgrade costs up, must be a small fortune.
Much the same,nae satallite though enough of that at home,oh and extra 100 panel eetc

Good on ye jim I’ll have a look at one of the meets. I was in your neck of the woods today stayed last night at Lochgilphead then round to Tarbert had a bite to eat cycled down the full length of the canal nackerd then down the rd via the slanj for dinner.?
You shude huv cawed in.

Any chance of a translation of all of the above?
From what I’ve gathered, Hotrats has employed a new pilot for his airplane. I lost the plot after that.
Lol, lol, and several more lol’s.

Enjoy! But BEWARE we have found and parts from Pilote take at least 6 weeks.
However we have got bits direct from the factory very easily.
You can even call in.

well i am home now and absolutely over the moon with the pilote,luxury does not come close. my vantan was a great van but the space in the pilote is great,i am only in the house about one n a half hours but got home arround 3 emptying all the bags n boxes transhipped from the van,sheesh do we all carry as much,anyway back at it tomorrow and reading some of the manuals,pressing this n that tae see what happens,maybe the gass will work tomorrow.Many thanks to ES hartleys for doing me pwoud with unloading and loading and giving ma great deal.

Any chance of a translation of all of the above?
From what I’ve gathered, Hotrats has employed a new pilot for his airplane. I lost the plot after that.
Lol, lol, and several more lol’s.
A Ken n me way a higher English degree.

I wasn't asking for a translation for myself you understand. It was for those less worldly than me.
Among the 43 O and A levels I got, which were taken away for fighting ( and lying 😛) were several language degrees, including Corbies, a resident of Corby. An accent so similar to Glaswegian you're likely to hear in Northamptonshire.

Please check that you can drain the boiler. I found that it did NOT drain from the dump valve and had an extra drain fitted ( free of charge) close to the boiler.
Put a container under the valve and you should get more than 9 litres, the contence of the boiler.

I have found on a couple vans I have owned that the boiler can air lock and not completely drain
If you pull off the red overflow fitting which has a clear pipe running down through the floor, it always completely drains
Going to check my Pilote frost / drain valve reference emptying the Truma as it’s on the opposite side of the motorhome under a drawer below the fridge freezer approx 5 feet from the Truma. On my previous pvc it was next to the Truma.
Reckon I’ll look at the red overflow fitting as you suggest.

Last edited:
Please check that you can drain the boiler. I found that it did NOT drain from the dump valve and had an extra drain fitted ( free of charge) close to the boiler.
Put a container under the valve and you should get more than 9 litres, the contence of the boiler.
I presume you are the last owner,thankyou for the heads up,and you kept the van in impcable condition,thamks again. Jimi.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back