Newhaven ferry stopover

rugbyken

Parking has been banned at the car park below the fort at Newhaven so we have stopped at the tavern telscome cliffs peacehaven we are parked where the C is in car park one of the few level spots but only 10 mins from the ferry the pub is as cheap & cheerful as you would find on the south coast IMG_2026.png

nice walks from the pub they have an enclosed beer garden top of the cliffs -4 overnight so the heating got a good run and maeve galloped around but it’s the little things molly would recall so easily and maeve would tag along got to learn herself now
IMG_1813.jpeg

It'll take time Ken we were thinking on you both last night ,made me think for a bit to get another buddy but this morning I'm decided no on it 😩just you get tbat bloody attached to them being a PARTof the family anyways all the best to you both

It suits our travel plans from Scotland to arrive at Newhaven around 5pm on Day 2 of the journey; then a quick visit to Sainsbury's for diesel and some snacks for the following day's breakfast, then into the Port for the overnight ferry with cabin. But a good back up plan!

Steve

We will pop up and have a shifty ,we are on 11am sailing in suday feb 18,we actually resigned to stay in port but may reconsider now
how and where are you abooooot Steve

we’re on the 11 as well gordon pubs a bit shabby but as i say very friendly food good & reasonable i e burgers fish & chips etc around a tenner lovely views out to sea in the morning and a comfortable 10 min drive in the morning

We will pop up and have a shifty ,we are on 11am sailing in suday feb 18,we actually resigned to stay in port but may reconsider now
how and where are you abooooot Steve
We're ok, thanks, Gordon (wee bit of problem with my right hip, but it's nearly 14 years old, so probably needing replaced). We're at the aire in Tortosa (tried to get in at Roquetes where there's free EHU, but 1/2 of Spain had the same idea) in the pouring rain. Sun forecast for tomorrow, so hoping to get the bikes out and cycle along the river/canal footpath. We're back in Scotland 6th February, but hoping for a quick turnaround and back out to Spain (Aviva stupid 60 day maximum Unoccupancy insurance stipulation) for another trip

Steve

We're ok, thanks, Gordon (wee bit of problem with my right hip, but it's nearly 14 years old, so probably needing replaced). We're at the aire in Tortosa (tried to get in at Roquetes where there's free EHU, but 1/2 of Spain had the same idea) in the pouring rain. Sun forecast for tomorrow, so hoping to get the bikes out and cycle along the river/canal footpath. We're back in Scotland 6th February, but hoping for a quick turnaround and back out to Spain (Aviva stupid 60 day maximum Unoccupancy insurance stipulation) for another trip

Steve
Crazy rules hope the hip gets better🤞feb18 we’re away for 6-8 weeks would’ve been longer but for family
This is the first day I’ve been not bad been at hospital. Doctors and now awaiting another Hosp visit for sporo test for copd etc

Crazy rules hope the hip gets better🤞feb18 we’re away for 6-8 weeks would’ve been longer but for family
This is the first day I’ve been not bad been at hospital. Doctors and now awaiting another Hosp visit for sporo test for copd etc
Insurers and hospitals do get in the way of healthy and restorative breaks, Gordon :cry:. Fingers crossed for you and Fiona

Steve

Only just seen the sad news of the loss of your good friend and our thoughts are with you both. We know how hard it can be.
We came across from Newhaven on the 9th (after a peaceful night in DFDS car park) and currently taking a slow route thro Spain. Hopefully catch up with you in a week or two down in Portugal.

Parking has been banned at the car park below the fort at Newhaven so we have stopped at the tavern telscome cliffs peacehaven we are parked where the C is in car park one of the few level spots but only 10 mins from the ferry the pub is as cheap & cheerful as you would find on the south coast View attachment 71170
Have you added this as a PH to the WildCamping location app?

Jeff if I'm ok it will be dieppe for Sunday night possibly then we're thinking as far south france mon heading for espania take it from there
nought set in stone at present mate

Gordon,
Jeff if I'm ok it will be dieppe for Sunday night possibly then we're thinking as far south france mon heading for espania take it from there
nought set in stone at present mate
BBC News carrying story of French farmers striking and blocking roads. French M/homer next door but one said yesterday that blockade was spreading and that Truckers were joining in. We bit the bullet and booked our return with Brittany Ferries, Santander to Portsmouth, to avoid any stooshies

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back