Next of kin

I have found in the depths of a drawer the lions green & white tube. When you watch the 999 programmes the ambulance service always look in the fridge - didn’t think about this before

Does anyone know where we can get a supply of these containers? It would be good to be anle to give then to members at meets and rallies.

Does anyone know where we can get a supply of these containers? It would be good to be anle to give then to members at meets and rallies.
Can't answer that, but I was planning on coming to the Nov/Dec Moffat meet and can bring my printer and laminator if anyone wants to have an easy to read robust sheet to put on the inside of a door or whatever.

At meets many of the attendees are single campers. If one of them takes ill how can we, the organisers, contact your next of kin?
This also applies if something happens to a couple - for instance CO exposure.
Do you have the details anywhere it can be easily accessed?
In my van there is a card behind the wardrobe door giving my next of kin and medication.
Any other ideas?
I think this is a great question which ever way it is fulfilled, I know myself it will be a great relief to have this information
the information that Lee had marked in his thread is laying out required information, and like he mentioned we don,t recollect there last name, all this information left in a same agreed place by everyone (perhaps the glove compartment) - we have defibs but we don't have to hand required information of whom to contact

Last edited:
I think all info should be on the wardrobe door on the inside with relevant info
if we are doing this it should be all unilateral. Imho

I think all info should be on the wardrobe door on the inside with relevant info
Not everyone has a wardrobe. Some people have even been known to remove wardrobes!
It would be good to get an insight from someone who currently works for one of the emergency services with their input about where they look.

If information about medical history, medication etc is to be either kept in an agreed place in the van or handed to stewards at meets, I would suggest that it is in a sealed envelope for privacy

Lots of vans don't have wardrobes. Or fridges.
Emergency services first point of call, if for example I was involved in an accident whilst driving, would probably be my handbag, which is always somewhere near me. They'd get my name from that, but could get that from the reg no anyway via a PNC check.

I like the idea of a sealed envelope, to be opened in case of emergency, given to the the meet organiser on arrival and collected back, to be used again, when saying goodbye.

I am looking into the data protection act in regards to stewards taking members personal information at rallys

Last edited:
There are a lots of different ways that people have suggested - what if something happens while we are outside the motorhome in near proximity BUT the motorhome is locked with all the relevant information inside without breaking in what good is that - what if everybody put's all the relevant details required for medication and next of kin in their desired place, but fill out a brief questionnaire at the start of your meet and pass it to the stewards, which this will be given back to you at the finish of the meet or destroyed due to Data Protection , you can choose to use it again on your next meet or throw it away

What are my thoughts?

It would be a good idea to have some ready printed to hand out to members at meets for those who haven't seen this thread or maybe don't have access to a printer.

Also....I would say more space needed for listing medications. I take quite a list.

Just thinking again about this. If I'm camping with C&CC, the only info they have is my van reg, name, address & membership number.

What do they do in an emergency?

we are not that posh to have a wardrobe door in our small van.lol

we usually put all relevant information inside an envelope.......with emergency info....written on outside of envelope.......selotape it to dashboard...........easy to see/find........SORTED

• Love
Reactions: Lee
What are my thoughts?

It would be a good idea to have some ready printed to hand out to members at meets for those who haven't seen this thread or maybe don't have access to a printer.

Also....I would say more space needed for listing medications. I take quite a list.

Hi I will have some ready for Jeffmossy next meet

I will alter the space needed

Neil (Knabsin) comment: in his thread which I have given great thought to

(I can see no reason why organisers should have access to this information, you would have all sorts of data protection stuff to comply with.)

We are looking into the legality of stewards having access to members personal information

(I can see no reason why organisers should have access to this information, you would have all sorts of data protection stuff to comply with.)

We are looking into the legality of stewards having access to members personal information
I would think, like I had to yesterday before my eye test, that you would have to sign another form....

I think the key thing is ensuring no unnecessary storage of the data, not neccessarily having authorised access to it.

Here is a suggestion of what could happen for a rally/meet is the following:
When someone physically 'checks in', they could have over a sealed envelope with whatever information they wish to provide. If an incident occurs with that individual, the envelope is opened to access the info. If there is no incident, then the envelope is returned unopened to the person when they leave (or of course whenever they ask for it back).
By handing over the envelope, the person is agreeing for the data to be accessible if it is needed.
The same can apply to information that is stored inside a vehicle and accessed (but harder to access as a vehicle could well be locked up of course)

I don't believe there are any data protection issues at all as the individual is knowingly providing the information for a set duration and for a specific reason and once that duration is over the information is returned to the individual (or if not collected, it is destroyed, NOT kept or passed to another person) unviewed if no incident has occured.

Personally I have no more issues with doing the above then I have registering on this (or other websites) and providing the limited information needed to do that.
If someone is uncomfortable with passing information in the above - or any other way - then guess what? They don't do it! Not rocket science really.

I think the key thing is ensuring no unnecessary storage of the data, not neccessarily having authorised access to it.

Here is a suggestion of what could happen for a rally/meet is the following:
When someone physically 'checks in', they could have over a sealed envelope with whatever information they wish to provide. If an incident occurs with that individual, the envelope is opened to access the info. If there is no incident, then the envelope is returned unopened to the person when they leave (or of course whenever they ask for it back).
By handing over the envelope, the person is agreeing for the data to be accessible if it is needed.
The same can apply to information that is stored inside a vehicle and accessed (but harder to access as a vehicle could well be locked up of course)

I don't believe there are any data protection issues at all as the individual is knowingly providing the information for a set duration and for a specific reason and once that duration is over the information is returned to the individual (or if not collected, it is destroyed, NOT kept or passed to another person) unviewed if no incident has occured.

Personally I have no more issues with doing the above then I have registering on this (or other websites) and providing the limited information needed to do that.
If someone is uncomfortable with passing information in the above - or any other way - then guess what? They don't do it! Not rocket science really.

You have hit the nail on the head . If the information is passed over voluntary with full consent then it does not come under the data protection as long as it is only used for the purpose it was passed over for , at the end of the meet / rally the information must either be returned or disposed of and not used for any other purpose , like you say if the member doesn't feel comfortable with this then they dont pass the information , at the end of the day it is to everyone's benefit that the information can be made available

Last edited:

I am not happy to hold any members details I my van and would be much happier if each individual kept them in their own vehicles, so we could access them in a case of emergency.
There maybe a time that the details where needed and the organiser is off site or not available for some reason and the another member could access them, if they where in the individuals vehicle.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back