Oil leak solutions for minor leaks

That sounds unnerving . Well it’s a hot one today getting up to 38°C. The leak seems to of stopped and I did let it run a good 30 minutes at idle anyway, I’m going to throw a bottle of this stuff in and fingers crossed my 3000 km Drive commencing Sunday will go oil leak free.

final routing: Bucharest, Drobeta Severin , Vienna, Metz, Paris, Brest. 👍

The oil leak appears to have stopped. Fingers crossed, in fact it’s got a bit too much oil lol

It may seem odd but it’s just stopped leaking on its own. I’m going to hold fire adding any of the “Liquo Moly” bleeding expensive stuff. I’ve got a 5 L bottle of oil and departing from Bucharest now beginning Sunday morning at 10 AM all the way to the Serbian border.

I will be glad to get away to cooler temperatures , it’s getting up to 42°C in Bucharest today.

I'm not familiar with your particular engine so please bear with me... I had a 2.8 TD Mitsubishi Pajero which has a filter inside the rocker box at the breather outlet. This filter once clogged up and caused pressure to build in the engine which was sufficient to cause oil leaks. Cleaning this filter immediately cured the oil leaks, so I wonder if you have a similar blockage in your engine breather which has cleared itself and the oil leaks as you say have gone away...?
Good luck on your drive
K ;)

Light comes on but not leaking any oil.
as a precaution I threw in the sealing liquid.
Think I may have a bit too much oil in her…..

not been helpful it being 42 degrees C here.

Light comes on but not leaking any oil.
as a precaution I threw in the sealing liquid.
Think I may have a bit too much oil in her…..

not been helpful it being 42 degrees C here.
What light comes on ?

Using additives may not work on some seals it depends on the seal material, they may not work on nitrile seals, I think it would be better to find the leak and fix it rather than use an additive.

So far so good. I gave her a quick run this morning, did it early as it’s suppose to get upto 40 degrees C later. We’ve delayed pushing out till Friday due wifes work and still recovering from this head injury, 3000km will be a long one, will try to keep her below 60mph to be “engine kind” :) maybe something like 55mph.

fantastic stuff;

F65EF8A6-F4B8-46E1-AE43-A866F2A0AE32.jpeg

Last edited:
Your oil may have been to light for temp or worn out, when did you last change it, been on the net doing some research on additives, 99% dont do anything on test rigs, the worst oil additive was slick 50, total snake oil,stp and wynes not much better and gummed engines up. not got through them all as yet.

Major vehicle manufacturer in Australia brought out new model and had lots of returns with oil light coming on on idle in summer . The oil that was specced (as part of emissions proving) was too thin . Tech bulletin changed the oil spec .

Ok now im really about to loose it , engine check light on again but it’s driving normally. 2 mechanics said it’s fine. Maybe I’m paranoid, heading off on my long trip in 36 hours. We will see what happens.

I’m a bit tired if Eastern European engineers charging me for doing bugger all. 🤬

Could of been that. I’m now putting in 15w40 which is the manufacture recommended
Funny old world, I have just collected a 5 litre plastic can of that unopened from our local free cycle, only want it for my chain saws [ Electric ]so ideal .it says wicks mineral oil on the can and ideal for all diesel Engines , ?

Lights staying on but no leak , driving fine. I’ve concluded it must be the sensor 👍

Hey “polar bear” I’ve got a bit fed up with it, I said fix the bugger and I’ll give you my Visa card. Maybe the 39 degrees c weather has touched a nerve lol

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back