Until: Sunday, October 21, 2018 - 01:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of those still going, how many are turning up Friday ? And how are we going to find each other ?
Hi Forrory
I'll definitely be there on the Friday but I've got a long journey, so it's really hard to say what time. It's such a shame about the flag... Shell Island is HUGE and where we park might depend on how many of the separate 'sections' are already occupied ready for the weekend.

As a rough guide, we normally check in, drive through the barriers, up the road that swings a bit left past the toilet and shower buildings to the top of the rise, then turn right and start looking. It's all very natural... there are hedges and sand dunes that form little sections. If we can find an empty one that will take us all, that's not a million miles away from the facilities, that would be great. Best thing is to park up wherever you can and then we can call each other to see where we are or where we'd like to settle... the choices are endless! We can either be near the beach or near the water that floods the causeway... personally I like being on the beach side... much prettier but it can be windy. I'll PM you my mobile number in a minute.

In case anyone hasn't realised or hasn't checked, it looks as though the causeway will be flooded and closed during the morning, so we'd need to cross either before 9.39am or after 12.44pm. Here's a link to the tide times, bearing in mind Shell Island say these are best estimates and they can't be 100% accurate until the day.
http://www.shellisland.co.uk/pdf/visitor/Oct2018.pdf

Look forward to meeting you all :)

We are interested in this. How much is it & are there any facilities or is it just wild camping? We now have a functioning heater so keen to try it out. :)

Hi Nimmo. Have a look at the Shell Island website... they don't do bookings over the phone. There's also a link to prices on the right hand side of the page: http://www.shellisland.co.uk/events.html

If you fill in the booking form and submit it, as if you were going to book, you'll click through to a page showing the total before you have to commit. I think it's roughly £7 pppn, plus more for a dog if you have one. There's an OAP concession and a discount if you book for 7 nights. There are 2 Oktoberfest weekends in a row... I've been the past 2 years and it's always great fun, as well as being a stunning place to be, on the coast of the Snowdonia National Park. Post if you're definitely going and I'll send you my mobile number so that you can find the rest of the forum members if you'd like to :)

Hi Nimmo. Have a look at the Shell Island website... they don't do bookings over the phone. There's also a link to prices on the right hand side of the page: http://www.shellisland.co.uk/events.html

If you fill in the booking form and submit it, as if you were going to book, you'll click through to a page showing the total before you have to commit. I think it's roughly £7 pppn, plus more for a dog if you have one. There's an OAP concession and a discount if you book for 7 nights. There are 2 Oktoberfest weekends in a row... I've been the past 2 years and it's always great fun, as well as being a stunning place to be, on the coast of the Snowdonia National Park. Post if you're definitely going and I'll send you my mobile number so that you can find the rest of the forum members if you'd like to :)
Thanks for that Jenny. Don't think we'll make it after all. :(

I was just reading about that :( We had to hunker down behind a stand of trees last year when ex-hurricane Ophelia blasted the Island. It was madness but we got through it. I was hoping for a quiet stay this time... oh dear :rolleyes:

I'm on my way to Shell Island now and having to drive (around Port Madog) in torrential rain and high winds!!! Well it can only get better cant it.
I have never been to the site before. Any guidelines about where to park and meet up?
Looking forward to the meet despite the rain.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back