Optimum No Rinse

Yes a great method - textbook stuff. Could almost be lifted from the 'How to detail cars properly' book!

Marvellous, well done. (y)

Then when step 15 is complete the vehicle would be safe to use these random spray cleaners on...

...but then again there would be no real need as the vehicle would be clean already unless you drove it again...

...in which case it would be dirty again so I wouldn't use these waterless cleaners!

Each to their own really. There is enough info on here now for any casual observer to make their own judgement regarding the efficacy of waterless cleaners and their use.

Graham

PS My method was a light version, as I stated it was for my daily driver. I suspect that most folks would not be able to do the full method you outline due to not having the full kit nor indeed the inclination. Who could blame them?!

Well a couple of things really. Firstly watch the video from the op. Secondly this is the method I use.

You really need the following as a minimum:
1: Pre wash with a power washer
2: Apply APC to whole vehicle
3: Apply snow foam with power washer
4: Rinse again with power washer
5: Two bucket wash
6: APC and detailing brush to clean grill etc
7: APC and brush on wheels, wash, rinse and apply wheel cleaner agitate then rinse again.
8: Vehicle towel dry
9: Apply tar remover to paintwork wipe dry
10: Apply fallout remover
11: Power rinse vehicle
12: Towel dry
13: Clar bar
14: Machine polish
15 Machine/ hand wax
Only way to do it correctly. I do the above also when I have time. I bought a WORX 12v “power washer” to wash the van when away in Europe etc. You can use it out of a bucket water (or two) I take snow foam and car shampoo with me to try and keep the van clean. I would never use these waterless options. I have a black mini and I used it once on one panel and had to get the machine polisher out to repair. YMMV

Thought power washers were a no no on moh destroying seals!!!!

Thought power washers were a no no on moh destroying seals!!!!
I have been using a pressure washer on mine for 19yrs and the seals are still OK, how do you think they wash them at Brownhills?
If you set the nozzle to a fan the pressure isn't high enough to do any harm

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back