Our Renault Master conversion

Yours is wonderful very professional I am not in that class! We are working on a mid size Renault Master. Mid size for parking and I am not the best driver anymore. Watched youtube and stole ideas that we liked. Put almost king size bed across back with garage underneath. No shower in bathroom rely on showers on motorway. No gas cooker next to sink. Put up this zebra cloth type covering over the insulation on the roof however during this hot spell a lot of it came down have not figured out how to stick it back yet. Bought two used captain chairs so we walk to front. Takes me a few house to put in shelves and many hours of fighting with wife as not to her liking ..... guess who wins.

For overnight we use the computer to find a park in towns mostly for dogs if worse comes to worse outside someone house also use the computer to watch downloaded tv. Took us a year however bought these thermo things for front windows instead of curtains they are so great no one can see in. I carry at least 6 days of water for the sinks etc and 6 days on the loo before emptying. After buying the wrong loos we bought two flatter ones that I can change the tank, I then at a motorway stop or other stop put the tank in my backpack go to the bathroom and empty it. After a lot of trial and error ended up getting 690 amp hours worth of batteries that lasted us a least 6 days with only solar charging however ended up buying a sterling 30 amp batt to batt charger now never have to worry. We run 99% on electric; coffee maker, microwave, fridge, fans at night etc.

We are not NORMAL campers just like doing the tourist stuff drinking coffee eating local foods at McDonalds. :)

Bought a diesel heater from China got a really good deal until they charged me import tax. Bought it in the heat wave so sitting in loft ..... pulled out my back so will install later and see if works. :) Gives me plenty of time to fight with the wife.
Hope you have more joy with your chinese heater. Ours wan't installed for a while as we were still converting other bits. When we did, it didn't work. No joy from the supplier & too late for ebay. Paypal have taken it up so we might still get something back. Sigh!!! Many thanks to Jeff Mossy for finding out it is a faulty circuit board. :(

Hope you have more joy with your chinese heater. Ours wan't installed for a while as we were still converting other bits. When we did, it didn't work. No joy from the supplier & too late for ebay. Paypal have taken it up so we might still get something back. Sigh!!! Many thanks to Jeff Mossy for finding out it is a faulty circuit board. :(
I did the same as you and when I read your email OMG "life is over"! Two weeks ago I sat in front of the computer watching the best youtube how to do it. So I put it together in front of the computer took several hours. Cut out a hole where I thought it would fit walked down to the petrol station for diesel ...... it didn't leak and wham "it worked". Takes several minutes to get going and heat up so I am warm and happy :). Bought some round things that cut a hole for the vent pipe into the bathroom. Can't find them at the moment but when I do will pipe it in. Also need to box in the heater as in rear of van. Life is good :)

Start a new thread and put some pics with it Rob. Folks like to see how others do things as they can get idea if it may work for them or not. We all look for different things and different ways to do stuff increases options :)
Thank you .... don't think I did hardly anything on van since I posted. Clearly will show what "not to do" :) Bought some different spray glue to try out to stick back the ceiling ..... have not done it yet. Did put in the diesel heater so proud of that .... showing it to all the neighbours ...... as they start to back up to get away.

I did the same as you and when I read your email OMG "life is over"! Two weeks ago I sat in front of the computer watching the best youtube how to do it. So I put it together in front of the computer took several hours. Cut out a hole where I thought it would fit walked down to the petrol station for diesel ...... it didn't leak and wham "it worked". Takes several minutes to get going and heat up so I am warm and happy :). Bought some round things that cut a hole for the vent pipe into the bathroom. Can't find them at the moment but when I do will pipe it in. Also need to box in the heater as in rear of van. Life is good :)

Well done with the heater. We're still waiting on PayPal but Derek is getting fidgety. :) Guess I'd better buy another one so he can get started.

Well done with the heater. We're still waiting on PayPal but Derek is getting fidgety. :) Guess I'd better buy another one so he can get started.
We got a full refund from PayPal so ordered another heater & this one works great. Looking forward to being toastie at the New Year Party. :)

Nice job....Thanks for all the detail and pictures and reasoning.
As you say easily accessible storage is good.
You have also kept things simple.
Lots of good ideas
I agree that a 2 burner hob is enough. we only use 1 at a time but It is good to have different size burners.
Boiling water for a shower is OK...If I am only shaving I use the kettle to boil water rather than the Truma

An interesting read and a lovely conversion. I do like the Renault Masters and I think would be my choice between that and the Sevel Vans (and was in 2012 - tested a Relay, bought a Master).

Love the compact shower room there - looks a bit of a Tardis with how much you fitted into a MWB Master and still makes it look very roomy. Interesting little "bar counter flap" you have going at the front behind the seats. What was the thought behind this? (or are you thespians and like to reanct Delboys classic moment in Only Fools and Horses of a nighttime?)

An interesting read and a lovely conversion. I do like the Renault Masters and I think would be my choice between that and the Sevel Vans (and was in 2012 - tested a Relay, bought a Master).

Love the compact shower room there - looks a bit of a Tardis with how much you fitted into a MWB Master and still makes it look very roomy. Interesting little "bar counter flap" you have going at the front behind the seats. What was the thought behind this? (or are you thespians and like to reanct Delboys classic moment in Only Fools and Horses of a nighttime?)

The flap has now been replaced by a compartment for an extra battery; I can do the falling over stuff without a flap :rolleyes: :LOL:

You done a cracking job on that Chris ... will you marry me ?

We have the same layout and it works well for us too ...

Looks like loads of storage too, I do loves me a whole lot of storage

You done a cracking job on that Chris ... will you marry me ?

We have the same layout and it works well for us too ...

Looks like loads of storage too, I do loves me a whole lot of storage

Thanks Jac. I still have a problem with storage, cos Dawn insists that daft things like clothes and food take priority over fishing tackle - she even wanted to take my lugworms and ragworms out of the fridge!! :eek: Looking forward to seeing your 'updated' van.

Re the marriage thing, I think the age difference would spoil it - now if you were a few years younger :unsure::unsure::LOL:

Hi. The Millie master looks so good! I've just bought a mwb 05 plate and I'm just starting to convert it. I've not done anything like this so learning curve will be steep! Floors down... Now the shower! I'll put up some pics to show progress! ?

Hi. The Millie master looks so good! I've just bought a mwb 05 plate and I'm just starting to convert it. I've not done anything like this so learning curve will be steep! Floors down... Now the shower! I'll put up some pics to show progress! ?

As you are at the start of your conversion then why oh why don't you come on over to the sister site https://motorhomebuilder.com , it's FREE to join and it is where you will have direct contact to so many of us who simply love helping out people like you who are starting out on your journey of discovery?

Whatever you do, don't go too far into your conversion, in fact don't even start it until you have a fully executed plan laid down.......... for instance, as head room is normally a problem, do you really need the floorboards to run underneath the shower?

Hopefully we will soon see you over there as what this relatively new FREE site of Phil's needs is some people like you who are new to it so that we can all chip in giving you some help and advice.

Phil

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back