Park up views the good, bad, ugly

Well we left Loch Lomond this morning, had soup for lunch at theGreen Welly Stop then decided to stop at Glencoe Mountain Centre for the night. I wanted to stop a few miles before this at a great spot with views to die for but Caz said no lol.

Suggested donation for overnight parking is £5 in honesty boxes, toilets open 24/7, hot showers at £1 for5 minutes, chemical toilet emptying point but no tap to rinse cassette. Not seen a tap to fill up with yet, there is an outside sink with taps for campers so watering cans are doable.

They said all hookup pitches were booked tonight but only one van has showed up yet, they are level, parking area isn’t. If they were available hookup pitch is £15 a night. Wonderful views though but it is the Highlands so you would expect nothing else. Giving light to moderate snow tonight but I think that’s up top where they ski

Well we left Loch Lomond this morning, had soup for lunch at theGreen Welly Stop then decided to stop at Glencoe Mountain Centre for the night. I wanted to stop a few miles before this at a great spot with views to die for but Caz said no lol.

Suggested donation for overnight parking is £5 in honesty boxes, toilets open 24/7, hot showers at £1 for5 minutes, chemical toilet emptying point but no tap to rinse cassette. Not seen a tap to fill up with yet, there is an outside sink with taps for campers so watering cans are doable.

They said all hookup pitches were booked tonight but only one van has showed up yet, they are level, parking area isn’t. If they were available hookup pitch is £15 a night. Wonderful views though but it is the Highlands so you would expect nothing else. Giving light to moderate snow tonight but I think that’s up top where they ski
The water tap used to be on the main building to the left hand side as you look at it.

We were up at glen coe last feb great place, parked up on the top, snowing like sideways, police car turned up blue lights on all search lights on, the female officer gets out and we thought she’s closing the road and is moving us on but no! Goes round the front of police car leans over the bonnet and takes a thumbs up selfie then disappears back where she had come from

We were up at glen coe last feb great place, parked up on the top, snowing like sideways, police car turned up blue lights on all search lights on, the female officer gets out and we thought she’s closing the road and is moving us on but no! Goes round the front of police car leans over the bonnet and takes a thumbs up selfie then disappears back where she had come from
Sounds like the sort of Police Officer who could take down my particulars

Now you've piqued everybody's interest, you have to tell us where it is :unsure:

Phill
KA66LR
It’s a run down little site used to be a CL but has lost its status belongs to a elderly lady who charges £5 a night there are hook ups they are extra only about 8/9 pitches there is fresh water a Elsan point a pot washing area and a toilet and sink as I say not the greatest but you would pay a £5 for a piece of tarmac it has a very rustic charm to it perfect topping up and emptying place.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back