Pet owners who want to take their animals to the EU

So there will be no restriction on length of stay ?
My son thinks that you will only be allowed to stay in a EU country for only 3months but has he said no one knows what will happen the police don't even know what is going on, yet they are waiting to be told.

So there will be no restriction on length of stay ?
My son ask last week what will happen if England leaves the EU and they could not answer him but said any none EU country can stay only 90 days that is what they have been talking about but until they know what will happen they think it will be a 90 day rule.

I looked at visas ... they are only usually for 90 days so no different to what we’ll be allowed if we become a third listed country! No restrictions on length of stay for pets ... you’ll just need to do the health cert every 4 months.

My son ask last week what will happen if England leaves the EU and they could not answer him but said any none EU country can stay only 90 days that is what they have been talking about but until they know what will happen they think it will be a 90 day rule.
Scotland staying in EU then ?

Read all this and decided to check the breakdown cover in Europe on my Nationwide Flexplus account only to find it doesn’t cover pets.😱😱😱

Face having to make plans at least four months in advance if there is no Brexit deal.
This worst-case scenario is set out in the latest batch of government papers about planning for leaving the EU without a deal in place.
Currently pets can travel with their owners throughout the EU thanks to the pet passport scheme.
But without a Brexit deal, the UK will become a "third country".
At moment people can take their dogs, cats or ferrets from the UK to the EU and back again without quarantine using a pet passport, for which the animals need a rabies vaccination and a microchip.
EU chief negotiator Michel Barnier has previously said "the ability... of dogs and cats to cross the Channel" will be affected if the UK leaves the EU without a deal - a scenario both sides say they are keen to avoid.
According to the government's advice for pet-owners, the scale of checks required in a no-deal scenario will depend on which category the UK falls into.
Recently had advice about this, in the advent of no deal, advice is you can still return with blue pet passports, but not travel to EU until rules have been passed.?

@Lorraine we found a good place to keep up with let rules was the eurotunnel site.
As they carry pets they seemed to have fairly up to date information. Unfortunately until we have a withdrawal agreement, or not, there is still nothing definite!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back