Plan for Aires in D&G - possibly

I am in the U.K. 12 months of the year and in the van a lot more than a lot of folks and paying £10 or £15 to stop on a car park is not on for me. Not arguing about it, there are probably plenty who are willing to pay it but not me. If they want me to spend money in towns and villages then give me somewhere to stop.

Of course the money I spend in fuel and supermarkets doesn’t count I suppose. I travel and live travelling, I am not on holiday. Well I am, I am on permanent holiday since retiring but not a holiday where I am eating out all the time. There are some places in the Highlands have it right and I don’t mean the £15 and pre book ones either.

Edit: I wouldn’t personally shout about NCC affiliation as they are just a bunch of manufacturers and the two big clubs making up their own rules.
That was my opinion until I had a conversation with the Director General,
I can assure you they are 100% behind Aires and facilities for touring motorcaravans.
They have just published their second article in their members magazine supporting CAMpRA and the call not only for Aires but for our dealers who are happy to take our money to provide waste points.
We should all put the pressure on them when they want our money and ask “what are you doing to provide waste emptying facilities for the motorcaravans that you sell” .

just think of the network we would have if dealers and hire companies just provide a simple waste point 🤔

Apart from the majority of villages and towns in France providing service points, many supermarkets and garages provide them too.
I’ve not seen many dealers in France who provide them, I guess it would take up space in smaller sites that they would rather use as display areas.
It really should be up to local councils to provide them, but, like the lack of facilities and parking/rest areas for lorry drivers, the U.K. is years behind other countries in the world in providing these.

I did see one motorhome hire company in Scotland would let you empty and fill for a fee, not going to name them as I can’t remember who or where. Makes sense as hire place will need facilities anyway

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back