Please support this petition

Pudsey Bear

You're not going to like this, but no chance.

For a start there are a lot of pensioners that have other income (private pensions, rental etc.) that are not in need of the money. I work for a lot of them and they are so far from hard up it's not even funny.
Me too
Won't be worth a fiddlers wotsit to me in 12 years time
Still , medical science advances all the time

Then the cost to the taxpayer? That's an extra £12,393 per pensioner. 12.4 million people (Feb 2021) are claiming.

£153,673,200,000 additional cost to the tax payer. You must be joking.

A means tested benefit I wouldn't be against.

For a start there are a lot of pensioners that have other income (private pensions, rental etc.) that are not in need of the money. I work for a lot of them and they are so far from hard up it's not even funny.

Then the cost to the taxpayer? That's an extra £12,393 per pensioner. 12.4 million people (Feb 2021) are claiming.

Ignoring talk of massive increases in pensions etc you wouldn't want to love on the basic pension as it stands now .
Many do .
Don't know what service you provide to these rich pensioners but these are the only section of that community you see

I do see your point, but what about the ones who die each year rather than put the heating on, I'm not certain but I bet the poor outnumber the rich.

I had to go over to my mother last week and stick a few quid on her utilities account the poor old soul was having a nervous breakdown thinking about it watching and listening to all the crap on the tv and radio. She’s on her own with a basic state pension she would never survive if the family dident chip in to help out. I feel sorry for the ones on there own with nobody to help. No easy fix but they need some sort of help with utilities until this mess gets sorted.

The National living wage is £9.50. The average working week is 37.5 hours, so that's £365.25.
So why are pensioners expected to live on £179.60?
Not everyone has a final salary pension. I make no secret that Nic and I live on $1300pm, plus dwindling savings. It's just as well one of us is good at housekeeping.
Oh! Marrying the younger woman was never an issue until the pension ages were changed. An extra 6+ years in Nic's case.

The National living wage is £9.50. The average working week is 37.5 hours, so that's £365.25.
So why are pensioners expected to live on £179.60?
Not everyone has a final salary pension. I make no secret that Nic and I live on $1300pm, plus dwindling savings. It's just as well one of us is good at housekeeping.
Oh! Marrying the younger woman was never an issue until the pension ages were changed. An extra 6+ years in Nic's case.
I think that pension fiasco is still ongoing in the courts, Liz was caught in the same age trap, which is truly stupid when you think that I at 59 and jobless was instructed at the job centre to take Pension credit so I was on par with wimmin, I didn't object, we also got zero council tax, zero dental bills, and zero prescription charges, now we have council tax and dental to pay as we are both of pension age.

Ignoring talk of massive increases in pensions etc you wouldn't want to love on the basic pension as it stands now .
Many do .
Don't know what service you provide to these rich pensioners but these are the only section of that community you see
Should read LIVE but perhaps a Freudian slip

It got a chuckle here Mr Radge.

I get a basic state pension and that's all I get. Had a letter this week from the Pension service's saying quote ( Now you are approaching 80
You are entitled to a higher amount of State Pension.
Age Addition of 25p per week will be payable from your 80th Birthday ) Unquote

God what am I going to do with all that cash, I thought I will phone the pension office in case they have made a mistake
NO THAT IS RIGHT 25p 25 BLEEDING P Well it gave me a bloody good laugh :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I get a basic state pension and that's all I get. Had a letter this week from the Pension service's saying quote ( Now you are approaching 80

God what am I going to do with all that cash, I thought I will phone the pension office in case they have made a mistake
NO THAT IS RIGHT 25p 25 BLEEDING P Well it gave me a bloody good laugh :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Don’t spend it all at once,Dave🤬

Hope you signed the petition then.

8 days to get from almost 29k up to 100k so it needs more signatures.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back