PORTUGAL/ SPAIN BORDER TO BE CLOSED.

State of emergency in Portugal now.
Not quite a full lockdown .yet.
Only essential journeys are allowed.

UPDATE:

Please look on this same thread on Wildcamping,

Marie has posted the latest news about Motorhomes travelling back to the UK through Spain and France..
It's a lot more encouraging.
Thanks Marie.

They've declared a full State of Emergency in Portugal.
Essential travel only.
We're staying put until the situation clarifies.
Good luck too all of us sharing this adventure..

( Oh I do love autocorrect... for" sharing", it preferred.. " Shagging ".
I'm sure I type the former more often than the latter

You'll be fine, guys.

Just stick together. This is how to get across the borders 😁 (y)

We're sitting here in Portugal in rain today.
The plus side it's settled the dust minus we will have to wait to do the washing.
I expect Paul is pleased, the rain dance has finally worked.
I hope everyone is ok and wonder when or if normality will return.

We're sitting here in Portugal in rain today.
The plus side it's settled the dust minus we will have to wait to do the washing.
I expect Paul is pleased, the rain dance has finally worked.
I hope everyone is ok and wonder when or if normality will return.
Us too, although the rain has stopped for the moment but there are ominous rumbles of thunder now. So Paul now is the time to stop the dance and bring back the sun, it's perishing here

It's raining with thunder here at Camping Albufeira, we are on the Camping and Caravaning Club rally.

The CCC are ring ralliers one at a time and asking if they want to change their current booking be it ferry or tunnel, and change it to the tunnel and bring their booking forward. Many have grabbed the earliest they could and left this morning. Many still haven't had the call and CCC aren't taking incoming calls from us!

Great support from the CCC Stewards who are bolting tomorrow leaving many here not knowing what's happening.

I don't think I'll be joining CCC again next year.

We are not sure what to do at this moment.

It's raining with thunder here at Camping Albufeira, we are on the Camping and Caravaning Club rally.

The CCC are ring ralliers one at a time and asking if they want to change their current booking be it ferry or tunnel, and change it to the tunnel and bring their booking forward. Many have grabbed the earliest they could and left this morning. Many still haven't had the call and CCC aren't taking incoming calls from us!

Great support from the CCC Stewards who are bolting tomorrow leaving many here not knowing what's happening.

I don't think I'll be joining CCC again next year.

We are not sure what to do at this moment.
Also at the CCC rally at Albufeira.
The stewards have been told by the CCC that they must return to the UK immediatly. They are not happy about the situation.
I think I missed the phone call earlier as it was from a private no.
What do you intend to do?
I will be setting off on Monday making for Zeebrugge. I have to get the dog passport sorted out and have heard that some vets are closing; so can't really leave it any longer.
When the rain, thunder and lighting stops I'll take the dog for a walk. Where are you?

Us too, although the rain has stopped for the moment but there are ominous rumbles of thunder now. So Paul now is the time to stop the dance and bring back the sun, it's perishing here
We, personally , need another Tonne of water in the cisterns
The neighbours have been out harrowing the land, softened by the earlier rain, to allow this to be absorbed.. They would prefer, at least another week like this.

Also at the CCC rally at Albufeira.
The stewards have been told by the CCC that they must return to the UK immediatly. They are not happy about the situation.
I think I missed the phone call earlier as it was from a private no.
What do you intend to do?
I will be setting off on Monday making for Zeebrugge. I have to get the dog passport sorted out and have heard that some vets are closing; so can't really leave it any longer.
When the rain, thunder and lighting stops I'll take the dog for a walk. Where are you?

Roller Team with "Buster "parked near power post PL16

A few days ago, a pal enjoying his time in Portugal, emailed to ask for my thoughts and help regarding his trip in the sun.

Today, with his Attestation and DFDS booking, he's finally decided to make his run north to Calais.

Many thanks to everyone here for all their knowledge of things actually happening on the ground. It's been invaluable for him.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back