Radio Connection

That’s what I am looking at doing .
I had the same problem. The telescopic one was useless....fitted when we got it so bought another.....don't ask me why , and no better. We now have a metal coat hanger straightened out . It's fitted into the telescopic aerial socket and fastened to the overhang on the overcab bed. Best solution so far.

I had the same problem. The telescopic one was useless....fitted when we got it so bought another.....don't ask me why , and no better. We now have a metal coat hanger straightened out . It's fitted into the telescopic aerial socket and fastened to the overhang on the overcab bed. Best solution so far.
We used to get a tv signal using a coat hanger

We used to get a tv signal using a coat hanger
Thought you still did. Dangerman, Hughie Green’s Opportunity Knocks, not forgetting the, Potter’s Wheel. All in wonderful monochrome. It was always a delight sitting watching your 4 inch screen 📺. How you got that TV cabinet into the van, always beat me. How big is it, 8x6 ft ?

Thought you still did. Dangerman, Hughie Green’s Opportunity Knocks, not forgetting the, Potter’s Wheel. All in wonderful monochrome. It was always a delight sitting watching your 4 inch screen 📺. How you got that TV cabinet into the van, always beat me. How big is it, 8x6 ft ?
We must have been posh cos screen must have been at least 8 inch( although I was little). Built in screen protector, the two wooden doors closed over it. No need for a sound bar as you had a speaker the size of the rest of the cabinet underneath.
Would easily fit through the van door as well, maybe 3feet by 20inches. All those valves would help with the heating in winter as well 😂😂😂

It didn’t do radio though so no good to Annie

Happy daze. Bill and Ben, Wooden Tops ( not the local constabulary), Andy Pandy. And of course the hour break in transmission between 6 and 7, children’s tv and the news, so we could have high tea, without interruption.

Happy daze. Bill and Ben, Wooden Tops ( not the local constabulary), Andy Pandy. And of course the hour break in transmission between 6 and 7, children’s tv and the news, so we could have high tea, without interruption.
You've forgotten Rag, Tag and Bobtail. :)

You've forgotten Rag, Tag and Bobtail. :)
Oh contraire ! Haven’t even forgotten Picture Book, with Robin Hood’s girlfriend, Patricia Driscoll.
Forgotten almost everything else 😳

I’ll go ask Mr Google what it is first.😂
If your radio has Bluetooth or an aux in you can get the Echo Auto and stream any radio station and listen to it through your radio's speakers :)

Regards,
Del

Just to return to answering the original question, have you checked with a meter to see if there is power on either of the two connections?
They look like a very amateurish lash-up so I'd want to investigate before burying them again.
Those cables are capable of carrying a high current, so they're not for a warning light, reversing camera or similar. They could be for a speaker, but one speaker seems unlikely.
Knowing whether either is powered either with or without the ignition on might be the first step towards working out what they are for.

Just to return to answering the original question, have you checked with a meter to see if there is power on either of the two connections?
They look like a very amateurish lash-up so I'd want to investigate before burying them again.
Those cables are capable of carrying a high current, so they're not for a warning light, reversing camera or similar. They could be for a speaker, but one speaker seems unlikely.
Knowing whether either is powered either with or without the ignition on might be the first step towards working out what they are for.
Oo yes sorry for highjacking the thread 😞 I hang my head in shame 😂

I'm sure they work (as long as you have an internet connection).
What puzzles me is why so many people pay to be subject to commercial surveillance.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back