Rats and mice prevention

Status
Not open for further replies.
where we store our m/h the guy next to us had mice they chewed through nearer everything in his caravan cost him a small fortune went out & bought the sticky traps . we store our winter gear for the m/h in the shed & they chewed through some of that BUT no more had 12 up to now & no damage & before some bleeding heart's crowd say oh they are cruel i say tough let them chew through your gear .cheyenne
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/31504958...PASt2EbdHA61KBcof2DnYkB0fpqn|tkp:BFBM8s_g5pJj

Not just cruel but also illegal under the Wildlife and Countryside and Treatment of Animals Act unless you inspect them daily.
Not just cruel but also illegal under the Wildlife and Countryside and Treatment of Animals Act unless you inspect them daily.
that rubbish even if you checked them every hour you would never get them off alive better dead than all your wiring chewed up . but she people can be tree huggers :ROFLMAO: .cheyenne
Get it out and use it. :)
yes your so right got back from 3 months tour Germany France in September waiting for the 90 days then off to Spain for our normal 3 month winter trip to Malaga only 9 euros a night if you block book 30 days so yes we should use it more like you .cheyenne

Peppermint oil sprinkled round the van. We stored our MH on a farm, and was over run with mice until we was told about Peppermint oil.
I bought 5 litres of it last year online and it deffo works, it works better on a pad of some cotton and it need replenishing from time to time.

Peppermint oil sprinkled round the van. We stored our MH on a farm, and was over run with mice until we was told about Peppermint oil.

I bought 5 litres of it last year online and it deffo works, it works better on a pad of some cotton and it need replenishing from time to time.

Heard this on the radio recently, hope I never have to try it but a few people were singing its praises.

Best to be prepared and of course it does smell nice too.

Get it out and use it. :)
Seriously you should, at least drive it up and down the yard wherever it is stored at least once a month to rotate the tyres and get oil around the top of the engine. Tyres start splitting where they bulge at the bottom and even wheel bearings don't like having the weight on them in one position for a long time. Hence the reason why you sometimes see wind turbines rotating very slowly, it's not because there is a slow wind, they are electrically driven round to save the bearing surfaces getting pitted.

this is the best way .cheyenne
I just had a random thought:
How do Daleks reproduce?
Same as Hedgehogs, I guess. Carefully.
Probably as they are so busy exterminating they haven't got time for any shenannegans. And anyway I have never seen a Dalek in a dress. But then I haven't watched it much.
And back to the original question: how do Daleks prevent mice eating their wiring? Shoot themselves?

The Iveco I am converting has only done 160 miles in the last four years, it’s been sat under oak trees for most of that time almost certainly with the roof window open for several week.

it had a considerable Squirrel infestation with at least two dreys, they stripped the insulation from part of the 12v lighting and knawed on several of the 240v AC cables, they also got into the roof liner above the cab as shown in this short video.

Fortunately they have not been at the wiring under the bonnet or chassis

its all relatively easy to sort out, the bigger nuisance is I will need to sterilise and bleach the interior where their runs were before I insulate which is not really a job for the winter.

The box is plastic so I will probably use the pressure washer as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back