Rats and mice prevention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously you should, at least drive it up and down the yard wherever it is stored at least once a month to rotate the tyres and get oil around the top of the engine. Tyres start splitting where they bulge at the bottom and even wheel bearings don't like having the weight on them in one position for a long time. Hence the reason why you sometimes see wind turbines rotating very slowly, it's not because there is a slow wind, they are electrically driven round to save the bearing surfaces getting pitted.
If I knew I would not be using the van for a while I used to inflate the tyres another 5 - 10 psi.

Seriously you should, at least drive it up and down the yard wherever it is stored at least once a month to rotate the tyres and get oil around the top of the engine. Tyres start splitting where they bulge at the bottom and even wheel bearings don't like having the weight on them in one position for a long time. Hence the reason why you sometimes see wind turbines rotating very slowly, it's not because there is a slow wind, they are electrically driven round to save the bearing surfaces getting pitted.
All good except starting an engine for a short time is very very bad for them, better to go a 40 miles round trip.

we do use it twice 3 months at a time WHAT about you & it depends if you m/h is an old banger :cry:or not .cheyenne

everyone is a engine expert all of a sudden :ROFLMAO: giving out advice & most have never been outside of the UK :cry: i just love the armchair mechanics:ROFLMAO: cheyenne

its a thread about a lady concerned about mice getting in her van & talking about me keeping your m/h on storage GOT to do with the price of fish:unsure: .cheyenne

everyone is a engine expert all of a sudden :ROFLMAO: giving out advice & most have never been outside of the UK :cry: i just love the armchair mechanics:ROFLMAO: cheyenne
I could only dream of touring parts of Europe in a wobbly tin box ..... but I am not jealous. I think you are very daring and brave.

Did you come across any Fuzzy Wuzzies when you were there? My Grandad didn't like the Fuzzy Wuzzies he met. Very unfriendly he said they were. :(

I just had a random thought:
How do Daleks reproduce?
Same as Hedgehogs, I guess. Carefully.
Probably as they are so busy exterminating they haven't got time for any shenannegans. And anyway I have never seen a Dalek in a dress. But then I haven't watched it much.
And back to the original question: how do Daleks prevent mice eating their wiring? Shoot themselves?
All daleks wear dresses. Stiff, but definitely dresses.

We use peppermint oil, and have a sonic deterrent plugged in under the bonnet ...but need a power supply for that so not practical for everyone. Having spent nearly £1000 after mice are through electrics and peed on relay box...but paranoid about mice! Didn't get into the van itself, just under the bonnet.

is t
I could only dream of touring parts of Europe in a wobbly tin box ..... but I am not jealous. I think you are very daring and brave.

Did you come across any Fuzzy Wuzzies when you were there? My Grandad didn't like the Fuzzy Wuzzies he met. Very unfriendly he said they were. :(
is that what you tour around in a tin box:unsure: mine isn't made of tin . your second line looks a bit racist to certain people if you ask me. cheyenne

DSC00007.JPG

is t

is that what you tour around in a tin box:unsure: mine isn't made of tin . your second line looks a bit racist to certain people if you ask me. cheyenne

View attachment 70978
We preferred Burstner Tag Axle motorhomes, not British made vans. We felt it was worth paying that bit extra.

As for watching sunrises, I could say the same but it would be much easier to just mention the Continents than the Towns or Countries. African sunrises and sunsets tend to be very impressive.

I don't think I am wrong when I tell you that I was in Baghdad when you were still in your Dads bag. So think next time before you brag about your travelling in Europe when there are members on here who travelled all over the World over many years.

How did a post about mice prevention turn into members one upmanship about travels? I'll make you both feel better and superior:
I have never been abroad in my van and have no intention of starting on my own at my age. Due to life and circumstances have had little travel outside UK other than a 4 week to China.
Do I regret it? No point can't change it.
At least if nothing else I could have have seen if the MICE were bigger and if anyone thought what I asked about was useful.
THAT was the question I posed. Three more for you:
Why are men so obsessed with the size, length of everything; even distance travelled?
Is It hardwired when you are assigned your sex at birth?
Or is programmed into you cultutally
Answers/ discussion in new thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back