Rats and mice prevention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lack of toys growing up, Bragging rights, we're all little boys at heart.

How did a post about mice prevention turn into members one upmanship about travels? I'll make you both feel better and superior:
I have never been abroad in my van and have no intention of starting on my own at my age. Due to life and circumstances have had little travel outside UK other than a 4 week to China.
Do I regret it? No point can't change it.
At least if nothing else I could have have seen if the MICE were bigger and if anyone thought what I asked about was useful.
THAT was the question I posed. Three more for you:
Why are men so obsessed with the size, length of everything; even distance travelled?
Is It hardwired when you are assigned your sex at birth?
Or is programmed into you cultutally
Answers/ discussion in new thread?
Andromeda, have you visited the Outer Hebrides, the birth place of SBP? OK, it is a tad far oot into the Atlantic, but well worth the effort if you have not visited. You will find no rats or mice there, as they are all splatted with a baseball bat after pigging oot on SBP.

I have to be obsessed with size, because water pipes come in all different sizes and you need to get the right size. For example in Europe the standard plumbing size for waterworks in houses is 12mm. So in all European manufactured motorhomes they use 12mm pipework. The reason this matters is that in the UK housing plumbing we use mainly 15mm pipe, and of course UK plumbers merchants don't sell 12mm pipe or connectors. For some reason in UK built motorhomes they use 12mm, like the european ones. This matters because if we want to modify our camper's waterworks we have to travel to a dealer with a spares department where they sell 12mm stuff.
Since you asked . . . .
And also because I have spent the last three days inside my camper, and outside underneath in the rain, fitting a Shurflo pump to my motorhome, having to find 12mm pipe and connectors. Though of course, as the Shurflo pump is American it uses 1/2 inch connectors, which is neither 15mm nor 12mm. This is all in aid of fitting a larger water tank than the manufacturer supplied because I might inadvertently 'want' to use it in the UK where water supplies compete with Hen's teeth for availability. Thus if one wants to fill a camper's water tank in the UK one has to pay a minimum of £15 for the privelige of parking on someone's grass. In Europe on the other hand it's usually free, and in virtually every town. Thus it is cheaper to pay a ferry fee and go to Europe than it is to stay in the UK for a week.

How did a post about mice prevention turn into members one upmanship about travels? I'll make you both feel better and superior:
If a member had not made sarcastic comments about other members then it would never had arisen. The unnecessary oneupmanship came from post 24.

Nah he's just a bogey man, captured for your disgust below.

1703923542306.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back