Rest In Peace Queen Elizabeth (official thread)

We remember Elizabeth II Coronation when she dedicated her life to our Nation and the Commonwealth. She kept her promise, and we'll miss her hugely. Thank you

RIP Queen Elizabeth II, you'll be sadly missed.

Del and Diane

News of her death brought tears to my eyes. She’s all I‘ve known as monarch and she’s been there nearly all my life. On top of that she’s a ”local” to our Deeside area and everybody up here loved her. RIP ma’am.

I remember the day her Dad died. I was 5.
We had to sit, legs crossed ,
in the school hall.
There was sombre music playing.
Most parents worked and would not hear the news, until sometime later.

My Dad was a musician.. He surfaced at noon and came to collect us in his old Morris 10 AUA 343..
My sister and I were most relieved.
Wonderful lady. She made the best of a situation that she never had any choice in the making of.
We wouldn't be surprised if she has insisted on being buried in Balmoral..
Without a lot of fuss.
Pretty apt, in these troubled and austere times.
God save The King.
God help The King

Last edited:
RIP. Queen Elizabeth II
A sad day for us all.

Very sad, the announcement was made in the time it took us to walk 50m to our local. If I'd have been at home when I heard, I would have cried. RIP a great figurehead.

She was a remarkable woman and all my life she has been there.
I'm not wild about a lot of deference, but she was special and she had values and lived by them

RIP ER 🙏

Sad day for us all. She was 'local' to us in Aberdeenshire. RIP ma'am. Thank you for everything you have done for is.

My thoughts, ER inner-self knew her time was pending. Old PM and new PM directed to Balmoral. I noted ER bruising to her right hand when shaking hand with her new PM. Maybe the bruising was due to her leaving gift to Boris (humour).

Viewing tonight's TV, it was clear Balmoral has been ER get away from it all place to go. She could have went to London or Windsor with fast and safe transport available to HRH. I reckon she wanted her last breathes filling her lungs with the fragrance of fresh Scottish Moor Heather.

RIP, ER.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back