Rest In Peace Queen Elizabeth (official thread)

Edit and Ps, I meant to ask, was DIL seconded to London?
Maybe I'm being cynical but with the prospect of 4 billion watching around the world I doubt she would miss the chance of that sort of exposure :unsure:
I watched it all from 8:30am until the end at Windsor and like everyone else I thought it was a magnificent display of military precision and respect for a wonderful Queen and I was proud to be British.

Edit: Just to say, I was assuming DIL was "daughter in law" and therefore refering to Meghan, forgive if this was a wrong assumption.

Regards,
Del

Last edited:
Was very quiet here too, Tony, and still is. Like you I intended to cut grass, which I did do after coffin transfer to hearse. I missed the rest, will catch it later on youtube. It is hard to ignore history in the making.

Edit and Ps, I meant to ask, was DIL seconded to London?

Terry - no, her involvement really finished when the Queen flew out of Edinburgh. Back to her day job now but still involved in interminable debriefings and updating the overall plan for when / if a monarch passes away in Scotland (for Scotland read Balmoral) again. Not that she can tell us anything about it but under persuasive questioning we get a few minor snippets!!!

If DIL did give you full brief, she would have to kill your afterwards 😳

I used a few GBs and dipped in and out on the phone when I had a signal, it was all very regal.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back