Restoring headlight lenses

I assume it does something to the top layer of the Lexan, I'm more concerned about tit doing damage, I wonder if Halford sell any, they don't want you complaining instore.

I assume it does something to the top layer of the Lexan, I'm more concerned about tit doing damage, I wonder if Halford sell any, they don't want you complaining instore.
If you're worried about tit doing damage, get a cat. ;)

Nope, you'll have to explain the Tom, My brain gets even more mushy after 12 noon.

Bugger, I made a typo :D :D

Not really convinced, I bought a polisher and did it on the van last years, but it's as bad again already.

Once you do a restore, it becomes an annual requirement as there is no UV Protection. Not found any way to easily reapply the UV protection.
(I used to have a UV Spray and a UV Oven to bake the finish, but sold that over a decade ago (never used on lights anyway, just wheels).

The only real fix is to buy new headlights.

You generally need to remove the top surface as it is discoloured and there is no way to recover but needs removing. It can get a bit dramatic :oops:....
My RAV4

666Head-S1_Post_500-3 by David, on Flickr

But works out in the end (y)

666Head-S6_PlasticPolish-2 by David, on Flickr

Once you do a restore, it becomes an annual requirement as there is no UV Protection. Not found any way to easily reapply the UV protection.
(I used to have a UV Spray and a UV Oven to bake the finish, but sold that over a decade ago (never used on lights anyway, just wheels).

The only real fix is to buy new headlights.
A coat of car 2 pack laq will do the trick.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back