Reversing sensors

Just had a quote of £695 from our dealer for fitting rear sensors. Surprisingly enough I didn’t accept it! What would be a realistic price? Sadly my days of crawling around under the van are past, so I need to get someone to fit them.

If it's not too late...

Depending on where you are, you could get a price off Dave Newell near Telford. I can't recall how much they were when I had mine done a few years ago but certainly not that much.

There is a handy little campsite 5 mins walk from his gaff as well, which may suit if it was a long drive home. Also the 2 times we were there Mrs Newell gave us a lift to a nearby tourist attraction (such as Blists Hill for example) and then picked us up when the work was done.

We had rear sensors and rear camera on a previous van ( Winnebago) also two front cameras, fitted just below the door mirrors.
I preferred the rear camera to the sensors, especially when reversing a 3.5 metre high and 10 metre long vehicle. The sensors just didn’t give the same confidence as actually seeing what was behind.
The two front cameras were great for guiding through narrow entrances and concrete sided entrances to toll booths!
Our current van has two rear cameras

Reactions: GMJ
Yes I agree. I still use the camera and mirrors as a first choice (we are 8.8m long) but the sensors give me pause for thought if/when they start going off.

Disconnected the ones on my Adria because they were getting triggered when reversing on smooth flat bitumen. Maybe mounted too low, but worse than useless.o
our's only comes on when revers gear is engaged

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back