RIDGE MONKEY POT / griddle

The laird

Rally Organiser

looking for feedback on this item ,thinking on treating myself for Xmas from my good lady with vJews to going away for months at a time next year all being safe etc
who is the best to buy from
who gives best price ( me Scottish) tight 😀👍
thanks in advance for any feedback
I know jagmanx uses on

We have the Original Ridge Monkey XL, the new model comes apart so you can us it as two seperate pans but some people report that they come apart when turning them over ☹️ but they do have removable handles which is a plus I suppose. We got ours to use in our old De thleffs because it didn't have an oven and even though we do have now have an oven Diane will more often than not use the Ridge Monkey. Like Oppy said "best thing since sliced bread" and while we're on the subject of bread don't let anyone tell you they are only for toasties (which they do very well) Diane cooks all sorts of wonderful things ith ours (y)

Regards,
Del

I bought the new model XL a few months ago and I am sorry to say that it is still in the cupboard in the MH, unused. For this years touring I have mainly used the Cadac as I bought a paella pan for it too.

With winter coming and less outside BBQ action, there is hopefully a chance that I'll try it out but If we don't use it on our trip to Spain in January then I'll probably never use it!

I’ve been looking at this Gordon.

I only have 2 carbon steel vintage frying pans, plus a small saucepan & my HUGE squirrel kettle. All put together cost me less than a 'monkey' & I never need anything else....🐻👍

Reactions: GMJ
Gordon, don’t be confused by the XL designation on this Ridge Monkey. Think of it as XerLent, not Xra Large. It’s just the right size to fit on a Dometic cook top. I made that mistake and bought the Combi. I found that one far to big for my cooker, singeing the worktop, because it overhung the hob.
Tbh, it’s a bit of a Marmite kitchen tool. Those who love it, like me and the Red ones, wouldn’t be without it. Other’s? Well you’ve read the above.
An added bonus, buying the XL, you get a set of spatulas with it. They are designed to be just the right length to almost, Not, burn your fingers when cooking 😬
Heats a pie up to perfection.

Gordon, don’t be confused by the XL designation on this Ridge Monkey. Think of it as XerLent, not Xra Large. It’s just the right size to fit on a Dometic cook top. I made that mistake and bought the Combi. I found that one far to big for my cooker, singeing the worktop, because it overhung the hob.
Tbh, it’s a bit of a Marmite kitchen tool. Those who love it, like me and the Red ones, wouldn’t be without it. Other’s? Well you’ve read the above.
An added bonus, buying the XL, you get a set of spatulas with it. They are designed to be just the right length to almost, Not, burn your fingers when cooking 😬
Heats a pie up to perfection.
Thanks for that I e got two ridge monkeys like this but thinking on a multi purpose one like this pan del

4009ABD3-C741-427F-BAC4-C806FB7DF389.pngA7BFE4B1-EACC-4433-ABD3-85919C2A94D5.png

I’ve been looking at this Gordon.

Rubbish cut mine up and made a fire pit out of it.

I love my ridge monkeys plural as I have 2 the standard and the XL not bothering with the pan style one as I have a perfectly good set of lightweight stainless steel pans in the van but the ridge monkey is my go to favourite apart from soup I’ve not found much that you cannot cook in them.

Thanks Annie you just saved me some dosh.👍

Im addicted to buying different bbs and ways of cooking outside. Went back to a charcoal bbq last year and the difference in flavour is night and day would like a decent outside gas cooker but the ones I’ve seen and tried I don’t like too susceptible to wind.

Gordon. Ken (Rugby Ken) has a cooker system that works great I can’t remember what it’s called but it works a treat.

We use ours a lot
Croissants / toast
"Roasting" sausages.
Roast potatoes (parboiled first and cut small)
Freshly made Pies (lazy pastry)
Lasagna , pasta bake.
And toasted sandwiches.
We now only Use our oven as a bread store
Ps sausage rolls and the like bake very quickly
Also garlic bread
Magic Monkey !
It also reduces oil spattering when cooking bacon and frozen potato products.

I have the original XL and it’s brilliant. You can of course make toastier with them but roast veg, omelettes cooking meat etc is real good. If I ever want pizza I cot it into pieces that fit then put a second slice on top upside down (no oven).

Just received my new universal pot with the griddle detachable lid
can't wait to cook In it STOVIES? Curry

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back