Roof vent blind

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleng

We have a 2008 Swift Suntor 530LP where the blind component of the roof vent is deteriorating (see photos). These are not holes but places where the covering has worn off. Has anyone repaired or replaced these?

It looks tricky to do as there is no obvious way to get to the blind and any repair (fabric paint?) would need to be done from the top with the blind closed.

Thanks

20230709_072654[1].jpg

It looks similar to the roof light I have had in the past. The easiest way to repair it is to remove the fixing screws and drop the inner section out. That way you get easy access to the moving parts.

I am not sure if you can purchase the blind only. In the past I have had to purchase the blind with the full adjusting mechanism (for a window blind) and it was not cheap.

hi . i think they are made by thetford just like my mates shower light had stopped working 2012 swift it was a long strip bulb BUT Brownhill's said no longer available which they replaced with a led strip light so give them a ring .cheyenne

It looks similar to the roof light I have had in the past. The easiest way to repair it is to remove the fixing screws and drop the inner section out. That way you get easy access to the moving parts.

I am not sure if you can purchase the blind only. In the past I have had to purchase the blind with the full adjusting mechanism (for a window blind) and it was not cheap.
I would have to agree, ball aching but at least you would have access.

Replacement might be an issue I'd see about that before going further.

hi . i think they are made by thetford just like my mates shower light had stopped working 2012 swift it was a long strip bulb BUT Brownhill's said no longer available which they replaced with a led strip light so give them a ring .cheyenne
Not a lighting problem it's the concertina blind that has holes in it, I'd have a piece of black card and chuck it up there for now to get it dark.

Just kampers do an insulated section to slide over so you get insulated blackout. You can remove screws and drop outer section with blind leaving window in place. What size is the window?

It is possible to buy the pleated material online and cut it to size. It also means punching holes in the material as well. I have seen posts where others have done this, so it must not be too difficult.

It is possible to buy the pleated material online and cut it to size. It also means punching holes in the material as well. I have seen posts where others have done this, so it must not be too difficult.
that's sounds good to me but also a new one to me .cheyenne

Is that not a Hekki blind? If so no screws to get the blind part of it just pulls away
well all i know is that kind of blind was fitted to our cheyenne 840d / 2008 & yes your right no screws the frame just pulls way starting at one corner because our had a wind-up roof light & the mechanism went but it was a long time ago & thinking it could have been a hekki job .cheyenne

The OP has not been back since he started the thread, so maybe has has sorted it already. :)

Hi, Thanks for all your replies. I'll see how difficult it is to get to the blind when we next use the van. Failing repair then using a cover of some sort as was suggested looks a good option.

Hi, Thanks for all your replies. I'll see how difficult it is to get to the blind when we next use the van. Failing repair then using a cover of some sort as was suggested looks a good option.
If it is a Heki type blind the bit that holds the blackout and fly screen blind just pulls off, no screws on that bit. Once off you could easily paint the material to give it blackout properties again or change it as someone else suggested.

The part with the blinds is the very bottom section shown here

1689548388211.png

I made a thin plywood board up for SWMBO that fits over the skylight. Took the skylight down and fitted magnets behind it. All she has to do is lift it into place and the magnets grab hold. Total darkness.

We have a 2008 Swift Suntor 530LP where the blind component of the roof vent is deteriorating (see photos). These are not holes but places where the covering has worn off. Has anyone repaired or replaced these?

It looks tricky to do as there is no obvious way to get to the blind and any repair (fabric paint?) would need to be done from the top with the blind closed.

Thanks

View attachment 68474
went to the m/h yesterday & we have the same skylight ours is a 2019 model so you must be able to get a replacement . cheyenne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back