Roof vent blind

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's made by Dometic it should have spares, Jacksons is usually good.

I have the same problem, the whole unit should pull off. I was contemplating a silver nail varnish to cover the smaller holes.

Paris red might go with your frock better though.

I made a thin plywood board up for SWMBO that fits over the skylight. Took the skylight down and fitted magnets behind it. All she has to do is lift it into place and the magnets grab hold. Total darkness.

In a similar vein, I put velcro around the rooflight above our bed and sized and cut a piece of blackout material to fit up there as on windy nights the concertina blind rattles. This also has the effect of ensuring complete darkness too.

In a similar vein, I put velcro around the rooflight above our bed and sized and cut a piece of blackout material to fit up there as on windy nights the concertina blind rattles. This also has the effect of ensuring complete darkness too.
Tried that but SWMBO found it a bit difficult lying on her back trying to fix it to the skylight. Its why I used magnets as easy to locate.

Is your wife short then? I can reach it without kneeling on the bed.

Is your wife short then? I can reach it without kneeling on the bed.
The bed is over the garage so you cannot reach it from the floor. It's just in the wrong place. So easyier to lie on your back. Trouble is you need long arms. Magnets work they just lock it in place. I have four small straps with Velcro as its dropped a couple of times going over road humps.

We have an island bed over the garage with the roof window directly above the middle of the bed, hence my asking. I can reach it from standing next to the bed but Mrs G finds it easier to kneel on the bed even though it hurts her (dodgy) knees.

that was 13 post ago so pick your brains then that's it :unsure::unsure: cheyenne
I rarely criticise because this is a superb place, but that was a rude reply to Biggarmac who is a well respected member of this forum.

Do you have the courage to admit a mistake?

I think that sentence would have read better with the use of the word "they" in between the "so" and ""pick" and maybe a question mark too...

"that was 13 post ago so they pick your brains then that's it?"

I don't see any rudeness tbh.

I rarely criticise because this is a superb place, but that was a rude reply to Biggarmac who is a well respected member of this forum.

Do you have the courage to admit a mistake?
i was NOT being rude to hurricanesmith i was referring to the free member & merely pointing out people i have seen a lot of people wanting advice but not will to join our forum i think you have read my post wrongly . cheyenne

I think that sentence would have read better with the use of the word "they" in between the "so" and ""pick" and maybe a question mark too...

"that was 13 post ago so they pick your brains then that's it?"

I don't see any rudeness tbh.
i didn't know i had to go back to being in front of the school teacher at 74 perhaps i joined the wrong forum :unsure::unsure:. 7 i wasn't being rude to you or anyone else cheyenne

i didn't know i had to go back to being in front of the school teacher at 74 perhaps i joined the wrong forum :unsure::unsure:. 7 i wasn't being rude to you or anyone else cheyenne

Dont have a go at me...I was trying to help! :D

Dont have a go at me...I was trying to help! :D
so criticizing my bad english was helping was it :unsure: i don't think so if that's what you called helping please don't bother on my acount .cheyenne P.S excuse my bad english

FFS I wasn't. I was trying to defend you but certainly will not bother again.

I didn't see rudeness then but perhaps I was wrong!

No good deed goes unpunished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back