Sad News: Passing of Meg ("Biggarmac")

So very sad. Like others here she was the first person we met at our first ever rally which we nervously went to when we had just started travelling in our van, and she made us feel so welcome. She later went on to be instrumental in helping us set up an Aire at our home through her work for CAMpRA. It’s amazing how sometimes almost chance meetings can have a long lasting effect on your lives. I’m so glad we saw her one last time on her way to the Orkney rally and had time to laugh together again.
RIP Meg x

This news was a great shock to me, Meg was a very admire-able person who possesed both knowledge and understanding. It's hard to believe she has gone. RIP

Can now confirm Place, date and time as below.

Holytown Crematorium,
Memorial Way,
Holytown,
Motherwell ML1 5RU

Wednesday 14th August at 12:30
Sorry, Tim, we will be en route to the Newhaven Ferry on Wednesday for the final phase of work before the sale of our hovel in France. We'll be thinking of you and remembering Meg's calmness/serenity in the immediate aftermath of Elaine's infamous trip with the freshly brewed pot of coffee that landed in my lap ...

Steve & Elaine

sorry Tim would have liked to say goodbye to meg but we have a family funeral the next morning to the south of us been doing the calculations and not feasible

It was a superb service today for Meg. I learned a lot about her life that I did not know about. Her mother died when she was only six weeks old, and her father, a shepherd, had to send her to be raised by her auntie in Huddersfield. She returned to Scotland but returned to Yorkshire for a while. This explains a lot to me; she was a mix of Scotland and Yorkshire, which are both known for strong-willed, no-nonsense but caring ladies.

It was a superb service today for Meg. I learned a lot about her life that I did not know about. Her mother died when she was only six weeks old, and her father, a shepherd, had to send her to be raised by her auntie in Huddersfield. She returned to Scotland but returned to Yorkshire for a while. This explains a lot to me; she was a mix of Scotland and Yorkshire, which are both known for strong-willed, no-nonsense but caring ladies.
It is not unusual Phil to learn of a persons past as their Eulogy is read out at their funeral, no doubt you sat there in awe!

When I attended the funeral of a very near neighbour and eulogy reading, I was gobsmacked, first thing I did on me returning home was to google his name, bloody hell, he has a wiki page.

We are all sages in our own rights, unfortunately it takes our demise for other to know this.

I’m pleased to hear Meg, a sage, had a good send off.

I was talking to Megs daughter and she said she couldn’t believe how many clubs and organisations she was an active member of and it was gonna take a while to sort through all the clubs and organisations paperwork. A busy lady who by the sounds of it helped a lot of people and had a zest for life. RIP Meg you will be missed by many.

I randomly happened across Meg in Tesco's carpark in Kirkwall earlier this year. It is sad to hear of her passing. She was truly a wonderful soul and will be missed. R.I.P Meg.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back