Scandinavia

I was on a stellplatz on Rugen Island a couple of years ago, when a couple of Swedes rolled in off the Sassnitz - Trelleborg ferry.

They had booked that route some months in advance and overnight, in order to get the best deal. They said it only cost them about 50 Euros.

I've just had a very quick look, and using their logic, my van could cross next Spring for £71.

Covid-19 has certainly ruled that possibility out for me for a while . ☹️

Six gears ago I used DFDS Immingham to Gothenburg and Brevic in Norway. About £700 but you get There in 30hrs.
Nice cabin, own TV and shower. NO PETS. ( Take your own drink to have in cabin as it is Norway's idea of duty free! Much more than U.K. shops. Do NOT exceed Norwegian allowances for taking alcohol in, big fines. )
Only takes 12 passangers, all the rest is freight.
You can't book it more than a week in advance as priority is given to lorry drivers.
Book direct with DFDS Immingham.
I'm not sure if it still takes Motorhomes.
Unfortunately they no longer accept private pass/vehs...

"Travel limitation for private passengers
DFDS freight port of Immingham can accept commercial freight drivers with their loads. Due to UKBF port approval, private passengers are not permitted to be carried through Immingham. This means that we can no longer accept leisure fare paying passengers on the freight routes through Immingham. Leisure passengers should refer to our passenger ferries section on the website for details on our passenger services."

Pete

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back