Scooter Rack Weight

Easylifter say that the lifting systemis patented - but once assembled it's a transverse trailer.
There's loads of debates about whether or not the Easylifter is a trailer or not, most conclude that a trailer should have a swivel joint ie. the ball. But until someone gets stopped by DVSA and they get told one way or another then I guess the debates will go on. :unsure:

Regards,
Del

Interesting point about the swivel being essential for a trailer.
If pushed I too would argue that it's a flexible chassis extension but the downside is that V5 will say 'rigid'

Interesting point about the swivel being essential for a trailer.
If pushed I too would argue that it's a flexible chassis extension but the downside is that V5 will say 'rigid'
Rigid IIRC is meant in the longitudinal only which the hydrotrail is I would say . so chassis extension would still be OK :)

However the number of axles will be different?
In the real world it probably wouldn't ever come up unless involved in a crash.

Easylifter take the view that lack of longitudinal articulation Hydratrail is not a trailer.
However they also say that police officers may not share that view.
They also recommend that additional length is just added when booking ferries etc

Hi folks,
I want to fit a scooter rack on the back of my motorhome.
The Scooter weight is 182kg and the nose weight is 125kg = over weight load apparently.
How does this work and what is the method of reaching this figure. In other words, how would the police calculate this.

Thanks in advance.
With a semi-rigid hitch mount which allows normal reversing?
I have taken scooters and motorcycles at home and abroad and would recommend using a dedicated motorcycle trailer.
It is the safest method and your steering is not compromised and reversing is not a problem if you use a that gives length and does go across the width. The longer the length of the trailer the easier it is to reverse.
I have an old Hymer with rear air suspension
so I can adjust the loading.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back