Scottish National Trust.

Phil 10

Can the Scottish National Trust membership be used in England. If so do you get all of the same benefits as the English National Trust membership.
ie. Free parking at Trust sites.

Scottish will post membership to England too. Only problem is you can’t scan the membership card in English NT car parks. We have a Scottish car sticker and usually speak to staff.

We too have a Scottish NT membership and have not experienced any problems anywhere in Britain. OK, so the card does not scan, but the staff deal with it. After the Angelsey meet we visited Plas Newydd on our way home with no problem. I did read recently, on here or maybe the WC site that a Zimbabwe membership is even cheaper and also covers English Heritage sites too

Actually New Zealand do non resident membership but it's $350 pa for family.
Presumably they've wised up on account of reciprocal charges coming back to them!

Took out Scottish membership a few years ago and got the seniors rate straight away, didn't have to wait 5 years like I was told I would have to with the English NT. And it was cheaper anyway.

I like not having to scan my SNT card in England and Wales. I just park up and walk in. My sticker is on display in my windscreen if anyone looks.

Ditto all the above, monthly DD available, if you don't want to pay annual, cheaper for seniors, sticker for car park instead of free member ticket never a problem, card scanned on entry to houses etc usually with a smile, every time we use it we look at standard entry prices that we are not paying and say whoopee?

The NT only want the card scanned for statistical records - we also just park up, as long as the current SNT sticker is on view you're fine.
The SNT card won't scan in England NT machines because it has a barcode, whereas the machines use the square QR code which appears on English NT cards.
The SNT is also better for seniors, for a joint senior membership only one of you has to be over 60.

Thinking of purchasing one of these, do the carparks tend to be large enough to visit in a 7.4 metre motorhome, do you also get free entry to the carparks and various visitor attractions throughout the UK. Wife is over 60 so the concessionary one sounds good

It depends where you want to go, I was looking at Stonehenge today and apparently Scottish NT membership won't get you in there free like an English one would.
I don't know if there are other places that don't accept it.

It depends where you want to go, I was looking at Stonehenge today and apparently Scottish NT membership won't get you in there free like an English one would.
I don't know if there are other places that don't accept it.

Oh that's a shame, more research needed in that case

English NT won't get you into Stonehenge either - it's English Heritage! Some of the land surrounding it is National Trust, but not the monument and visitor centre.
SNT membership will get you into any English National Trust property.

As we've diverted from purely talking about NT, just to say, if you join English Heritage, it will get you into the Scottish and Welsh equivalents, half price first year, free after that. A good one also to bear in mind is Historic Houses (HHA), that gets you into lots of privately owned historic houses that you might not otherwise see. We thought it worth paying the roughly £70 odd quid a year for each, as you never know where you might turn up and think, that's interesting, and then you see the price and don't bother. We like the idea of just waving the card and wandering on in !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back