'Sevel' Vans - what are the differences

Which would be your choice of the following Base Vehicles for a Motorhome/Campervan

• Fiat Ducato

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Citroen Relay

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Peugeot Boxer

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
We did have a well regarded family owned Fiat dealership that had been around for decades and serviced all the local ambulances
I used them and they always sorted out any issues.
But last year, I had an issue with a new van and they failed to sort out and had a supply problem with parts
Maybe a money problem as just afterwards went into liquidation
I now use Travelworld Hymer and they have done me well with the Fiat warranty work and I have built up a relationship with them.
I am sure that if I was buying, I would seriously consider dealership for service etc
If a person wants a particular motorhome make, often there is no choice of Sevel base vehicle, as builders usually only use one brand of Sevel
Oh, I also own a Citroen car, but wouldn't use the main dealership for service
Not that it would affect me as I would not be buying anything with manufacturers warranty, but I was thinking more on the warranty side when it came to specific dealerships. I would imagine for general servicing OOW , any of the three brands OR an independant could service perfectly well (I have used a local independant family owned and manned garage for my last three vans (all VW)).
I did use Citroen (the supplying dealer in fact around 80 miles away) for my DS5 Servicing and found them fine and used my local Citroen Dealer for a warranty issues (needed 4 new alloys due to corrosion). When under warranty, I do gravitate to the marques Dealers for servicing as reckon if there is any potential Warranty situations, having that history would smooth the path to a resolution (I know legally it is not necessary but in a 50:50 situation, I believe personally it can tip the balance (I would make a difference to me anyway if I was the decision maker :) )

You can see the differences in the engines here

Regards,
Del

right back to the 1980s Peugeot and Citroen (and the talbot express) have used the same engines, with fiat using their own

Ah yes, but that doesn't tell you which are better or prefered than others, just the different engines.

No idea which is best, but the 280 hp US version sounds like it could be fun. :)

Bit OT, but a few pics of the original "Sevel" Citroen Fiat collaboration. Fairly successful in southern Europe, less so in the north because of rust issues, unfortunate really because in many aspects it was light years ahead of many other vans of the time. I'd put money on Citroen being the dominant partner on this model, and Fiat on the later collaboration. :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back