Shurflo pump issue.

runnach

Doing final checks before heading off after lunch, I noticed water pressure dire. The Shurflo 2095 204 413 pump not kicking in, fuse checked and fine. YouTube clips appear to point to switch on the front of pump, which I’m about to remove and inspect

Any members had similar pump failure, any pointers I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance 😢IMG_5708.jpegIMG_5708.jpegIMG_5706.jpegIMG_5707.jpeg

Yeah I did mate, no joy, I have the switch setup removed, I’ll see if I can pass without using a tap to see if pump kicks in.

Pissed off, could be worse though, a few dealers around here and have access to the car, it is what it is 🤮

I tried the hammer trick again Gordon, nearly put a dent in the housing, still no joy, and you know the saying, "If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical fault" :cautious:

Now this is bizarre, I removed switch from front of pump, removed, cleaned, returned the three parts held together between pump and switch housings. connected direct to battery, pump turning (water pipes removed) connected pump back to main MH wiring, tried kitchen and toilet taps, nothing, pump not turning. What I did next was, I tried the shower, voila!! Pump activated when I turned on both H&C at shower tap.

Both kitchen and toilet taps I can hear the micro switched being activated, but not activating the pump. Next step is to get back behind toilet sink to check wiring is connected correctly, which it should be, at least I know the pump is working, actually, I'll connect water back to pump and try shower once more, all fine, back to underside of toiler sink.

More drama quelled with a few reds tonight!!!

Only undo the four screws in the corners Terry, not the centre screw. Could be a split diaphragm.

Only undo the four screws in the corners Terry, not the centre screw. Could be a split diaphragm.
Too late Rog, did that, although the diaphragm looks intact, see my previous post, I’m just about to drag water through to shower head. Cheers

H&C at shower working as normal. Trip not really started yet and I’ve been plagued with stupid silly faults. 😡

Get rid of the micro switch taps and use a pressure pump instead. Then, if you get any problems, you can go straight to the pressure pump
Roger, apart for kitchen tap, where I have had to solder a broken cable due to wear and tear, this is the first time I’ve had these tedious issues for the near nine year we have had our Arto, so not bad I guess.

I’m not sure what you mean with “use a pressure pump instead”?

Roger, apart for kitchen tap, where I have had to solder a broken cable due to wear and tear, this is the first time I’ve had these tedious issues for the near nine year we have had our Arto, so not bad I guess.

I’m not sure what you mean with “use a pressure pump instead”?
Pump that operates based on drop in water pressure rather than relying on tap microswitches. It may be that your pump will do that and simply requires wiring direct to supply to operate based on pressure.

I’m no expert but my Shurflo is wired from the batteries but will only run when a faucet is opened. As soon as the tap is closed the pressure builds up and stops the pump from running. The length of time involved can be adjusted by turning the central screw in the diaphragm cover.
So basically, if you have a problem, you can go straight to the pump rather than investigate individual faucets.

Your pump should work using water pressure only Terry.
My faucets are ordinary taps with no microswitches in them.
Open a tap - the pressure in the pump falls - and the pump switches on.
Close the tap - the pump continues until pressure builds up - the pump switches off.

Last edited:
Thanks for all replies, much appreciated. With hindsight I should also have checked to see if the shower was activating pump, which it was, this would have saved me a considerable amount of time. That said though, I am now familiar with pump workings, which is pretty basic. Kitchen tap has a broken wire, which I am about to solder back together, then get back on the road today.

Cheers 🍻

Get rid of the micro switch taps and use a pressure pump instead. Then, if you get any problems, you can go straight to the pressure pump
I did the very same and never had any problems since .
Removed all the micro switches as they are now not used .
Turn on the water and the pump starts a much easier and very simple answer

Removing switches will be a job when I return home. Broken micro switch wire now fixed. Fiddly job. I carry these in my toolbox, small slithers of soft solder, ideal for forming around the wire then apply heat.
Anyways, hitting the road soon, until our next dilemma 👍
IMG_5714.jpeg

That pump is too big for the little microswitch in the faucet. A little pressure accumulator should be installed and the pump connected to the battery via a fuse and a switch. For extra protection, that pressure switch should only power a relay and the relay power the pump.
On my van I use 2 pumps, 2 accumulators and some analog pressure transducers. 20220210_180008.jpg

Had this MH nine year now, first time I’ve had any issues with the kitchen tap, I guess wire broke over time through use. It’s done well.

Back