Shurflo pump issue.

I did the very same and never had any problems since .
Removed all the micro switches as they are now not used .
Turn on the water and the pump starts a much easier and very simple answer
I also did the same last year. I had to replace bathroom sink tap and took the opportunity to remove (actually bypass) all the micro switches. for a reason that is not entirely fathomable to me it has resulted in a smoother water flow overall. I do think there are some pros and cons though to running a pressurised system vs micro switched.

It's very rare to hear of a pressure-switched system having problems compared to switched tap systems, it happens but at least you know where to start looking

It's very rare to hear of a pressure-switched system having problems compared to switched tap systems, it happens but at least you know where to start looking
the only "con" that I have had having switched to pressure switching comes down to when the system is out of use. By which I mean when over wintering and I have the system drained, and I want for some reason to switch on the 12v circuit. Then of course the pump will run but the system is dry etc. etc. The answer to that of course would be to install an isolating switch at the pump. Actually, I guess I should have one in order to isolate it in case of a leak. Good point well made to myself.

Just fit a fuse next to the pump and pull it as needed, better than running for a switch.

I'm not on scene, so I wouldn't know of that, Same same though, cut power :) :)

I was thinking about that, I've not had a van newer than 2007, but they have all had a pump switch even my selfbuild. Mine was the SP-4 but essentially the same.

1712940054044.png

On my build, all the pumps (3 of them) are controlled by an on/off relay plus a low level float switch.

My boss has a 2017 Hymer and although his pump is controlled by the switched faucets, there is an very visible and accessible on/off switch right next to the Truma boiler control.

I was thinking about that, I've not had a van newer than 2007, but they have all had a pump switch even my selfbuild. Mine was the SP-4 but essentially the same.

View attachment 72287
I though having a pump power on-off switch would be pretty much a no-brainer TBH? I am a bit shocked any commercially made camper/motorhome would not have that as standard?

Yes, Some of these control panes are multifunctional, it may be hidden in a menu, but it's a pretty basic need so why would it be hidden at all, the mind boggles.

On Googleing the SP4 I found this wot I wrote in 2013 post #9

Last edited:
Yes, Some of these control panes are multifunctional, it may be hidden in a menu, but it's a pretty basic need so why would it be hidden at all, the mind boggles.
I agree, it is a feature that you need easily accessible. What if an internal pipe splits or shakes loose? Water pumps out and you don't want to be searching through a menu trying to find a tucked-away option

In my last self-build, I used one of these CBE switch, fitted under the sink so very obvious where to find it
CBE-pump-and-light-switch-grey__75585.1625579609.jpg

On the Sargent Electrical Control Panels, one of which is in my current Motorhome, there has always been from Day 1 a dedicated Water Pump Switch fitted for easy control.
In fact, you couldn't really have a pressure system WITHOUT the ability to pretty easily turn off the pump as as soon as the water tank empties, the pump would go continuously trying to prime the system.

On Googleing the SP4 I found this wot I wrote in 2013 post #9

Terry has not said which van it is so I can't google "pump switch" certainly a strange set up.

Back