Sleeping bags or duvets

I just have a duvet that Caz got on offer from John Lewis. If it’s too warm in summer I push it off, if it’s too cold in winter I put a fleece throw over the top. I do carry one of those sleeping bag bed all in one things that I can put on the double that makes up from seating area if I had unexpected overnight guests. Not liking folks though I don’t encourage that :)

We suffered under a duvet when it went down to 5deg in the Cairngorms. We refused to put the heating on and forgot about the hot water bottles. The problem is the rush of ice cold air when someone turns over.
So, we decided to to try sleeping bags when we had a single night out and slept on the lounge seats rather than make the bed up.
I'd owned my sleeping bag for years and was very envious of Phill's army one...... Until he got in it! He is 6 foot and it didn't even come up to his shoulders. I'm 5'5'' so we swapped and it wasn't long enough for me either. Looks like it must have been an army cadets sleeping bag. 😂😂😂
My brother says 2 duvets is the way to go. We recently downsized and I gave away at least 4 duvets, then I cleared my Dad's house and gave away another 6.
😭

To save the hassle of turning them into a big double bed every day we each use a sofa either side of the van.
We each use a double duvet as combined underlay and cover - so a sort of sleeping bag without the zip!
Enables easy getting up in the night if needed 😀
We chuck them into the over cab bed area during the day.

We suffered under a duvet when it went down to 5deg in the Cairngorms. We refused to put the heating on and forgot about the hot water bottles. The problem is the rush of ice cold air when someone turns over.
So, we decided to to try sleeping bags when we had a single night out and slept on the lounge seats rather than make the bed up.
I'd owned my sleeping bag for years and was very envious of Phill's army one...... Until he got in it! He is 6 foot and it didn't even come up to his shoulders. I'm 5'5'' so we swapped and it wasn't long enough for me either. Looks like it must have been an army cadets sleeping bag. 😂😂😂
My brother says 2 duvets is the way to go. We recently downsized and I gave away at least 4 duvets, then I cleared my Dad's house and gave away another 6.
😭
Why do you refuse to put the heating on, just curious? 😁

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back