Sleeping bags or duvets

We always keep our spare duvet/bedding in a lake land vac bag (we use a airbed pump that also sucks to evacuate the bag)
Cuts down on the amount of space they take up AND keeps them fresh.

Worth spending the extra for the lake land ones as they are much superior quality BTW.

Like Ken, I’ve two duvets, one for Spring/ autumn, a lighter one for summer. Putting them together, winter. Along with the crochet throw from Debs, I’m snug as a bug. Happy Daze. And nights.

When we had a double bed we had two single duvets, that way you can curl up inside your own and almost make it a sleeping bag and in the winter an extra insulating layer where the two meet in the middle, no draughty on on your back

I have one of those split tog kingsize duvets for the van, and I just lay it out according to the weather, and slip in between, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

We use two duvets sewn together to make a bag.We use a cover on the outside to keep it clean.We use another one inside, which can be changed and washed when out for a while.
We always bought bags in the past but this is a cheaper option, you can use two different tog weights for summer and winter.

Forgot about the hot water bottle. Works when all else fails.

I thought sleeping bags would be better as my other half tends to hog the duvet but after a couple of night time struggles to get to the potti I've reverted to the duvet option but we have two singles and the sleeping bags are in storage. When you have to go you have to go with as little fuss as possible !!

In our old AS Talisman we use a double sleeping bag as an under blanket and a duvet on top and have a couple of microfiber fleecy blankets just in case we need extra warmth.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back