Slide Clunk Slide Clunk

Ok then wiz bangs. What annoyed us, was when we parked we were the only ones there then we got surrounded :)

Last edited:
Yes, much to our regret we are currently abiding in a Whoosh-bang in New Zealand. Bloody doors never close first time, it takes ever increasingly energetic tours de force to get the dratted thing to latch properly. Oh will I be glad to hand it back!

I have never understood how this noise that isn't something unknown that might cause unease, and is over in a second or so, is regarded as so annoying :cautious:
cos it is never just once. In, out. In, out. Plus cab doors and tail doors. And they always seem to arrive late, when I am trying to get to sleep.
Any recommendations for sites which ban slidey-door PVC's ?

It's not the noise so much as the amount of times swishbangers have to get in and out of the vehicle!We parked up on an Aire in France and a UK Peugeot swishbang parked next to us. All evening they were in and out of the door, opening and closing the back doors when they had to get stuff out and then decided to to run the engine to warm themselves up. All within three foot of our van. On asking very nicely if they could just try keeping the opening and closing to a minimum and try not to fill our van with fumes, all I got was "We have as much right to be here as you". When I agreed with him, he just said "Well, f*%k off then!"

I have a swish bang van and can honestly say we keep opening and closing to a minimum when in company and use the cab doors sometimes but they are clunky noisy anyway.
Its not the van at fault in many of your horror stories but the owner and I reckon they would be noisy inconsiderate neighbours whichever van they had.
Its like badly behaved dogs... its the owners that are the real problem.
K ;)

Difficult to do it quietly . I , unless its impossible , never park next to anyone . Not even these full size buses (often with trailers!) which take up about 4 spaces !
So if my door causes you a problem , don't park so close .
How about if he was there first😂😂😂

Have you considered that (a) the people owning the 'van might be embarrassed about the noise; (b) a good opportunity to get to know them even their language is not English (do not go in steaming just gently state the obvious so that they have the opportunity to apologise and perhaps (a) would then apply). The time then to talk I have found works wonders for understanding having watched recently a couple on a street having a signed conversation with a passenger on the bus I was on, no words just pointing and gestured signs

BY the way, if you are ever next to me you would be perhaps be annoyed by the habitation door taking a good slam to close properly. Just as annoying to some, perhaps

Not all panel van conversions are the same.
With some, particularly the smaller e.g. VW ones, you can't get to the boot from inside so unless you are organised you might have to keep going in and out to fetch things you forgot you would need inside later, and then the same when packing up, and especially if the weather is cold you don't want to keep leaving doors open.
With larger ones you can get to everything from inside so you don't have to keep going in and out.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back