So how many winter snowbirds have got fined

Jennyp19

We just got fine for speeding from 10 October. We do try to keep to the limits so just bad luck I guess - never saw a flash - but according to google timeline we were in that area on that day.
Some other friends got back after 6 months away to find three of them on the mat. Another couple had one as well.
The French have really found a cash cow. We may be supposedly leaving EU but the French are going to get our contributions in other ways. LOl
At least you don’t get points on your licence for speeding.
On a positive side - very easy to pay if you have smartphone and QR app. Halifax MasterCard worked ok to pay.

What evidence do they provide to prove you were speeding? is it a photo with the speed shown like with UK Tickets?

I don't think you need to be a Snowbird to pick up these fines.

see below from Wild

75040-french-speeding-ticket-grrrrr.html

I seem to remember reading a few months ago, that France had put speeding cameras out on contract to a private company
The reason I said snowbirds is because the tickets are waiting for folks, months after they travel. I wonder if the time sending them ou is deliberate because they are aware that people are travelling to warmer climes for winter. If they sent them out early, they would accumulate penalties for being paid late.

We were flashed in Germany at Xmas but we have not heard anything yet, I had stopped worrying thinking I had got away with it but now I can thank you for telling me you received a fine six months later, that means I have another three months to keep watching the post box?????

We were flashed in Germany at Xmas but we have not heard anything yet, I had stopped worrying thinking I had got away with it but now I can thank you for telling me you received a fine six months later, that means I have another three months to keep watching the post box?????

Easy to avoid Tel, stay within speed limit like yo do in UK lol

Or

Just pay up and smile :)

Easy to avoid Tel, stay within speed limit like yo do in UK lol

Or

Just pay up and smile :)
I will have been driving 50 years in June and never had a speeding ticket so I don't know how to pay up and smile:cry:, it would help if they installed speed restriction signs :confused::ROFLMAO:

I will have been driving 50 years in June and never had a speeding ticket so I don't know how to pay up and smile:cry:, it would help if they installed speed restriction signs :confused::ROFLMAO:
@Tel You mean like here where the space between lamp posts can determine the speed limit :)

My main use of a sat nav is for showing the speed limits where I am and the speed I am travelling at. I havent done as well as you I have had one speeding ticket and that in the UK only. I was very pleased with the ticket and fine as the speed he clocked me at first should have been a ban lol Had police draw alongside on the bike in UK and been told to slow down a few times and had police with machine pistols jump out on bike in France.

I wouldnt dream of saying I didn't/dont speed although it is rare in the van now, I will no doubt get some tickets in France but if I do then it will be a fair cop and I will pay them same as I would in the UK. I dont see the difference.

got fined for speeding just outside osuna lovely dual carriageway 110 kph but every road junction it drops down to 90kph must have missed one of them , but luckily my daughter checked the post and sent it to me by photo and i was able to pay within the 30days & got the 50% discount otherwise it would have been waiting when i got home,

got fined for speeding just outside osuna lovely dual carriageway 110 kph but every road junction it drops down to 90kph must have missed one of them , but luckily my daughter checked the post and sent it to me by photo and i was able to pay within the 30days & got the 50% discount otherwise it would have been waiting when i got home,

If you are away and dont see it does it go up like in UK Ken or is it just you dont get the 50% discount?

Do they have to notify you within a certain time period like U.K.? Can’t renembee what it is though??
Speeding tickets still affect insurance though probably????

the fine was €100 if paid within 30 days reduced to €50!
on another note how can you get flashed in france almost every speed camera has been either black bagged taped up or painted two we saw this morning in the periquex had been torched, by the yellow vests

I said above, I am pretty sure it is One whole year!

Thought it was less than that!

If an offence has been recorded without you being stopped by a Police Officer, the, Police must serve a Notice of Intended Prosecution within 14 days of the date of the offence (for certain offences only), to the registered keeper of the vehicle.31 May 2016

I never had a problem in France or Spain with speeding. As for speed signs you need to remember in France the 50kph limit apples in ALL villages from the village name sign, to the end of village name sign, unless otherwise indicated.
I was never in a rush to get anywhere, I had no timetable to follow or even a planned destination in most cases.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back