So how many winter snowbirds have got fined

Just got back from a week in France followed by 2 weeks in Spain to find a French speeding ticket waiting for me ?. Oh well, adding €45 to the cost of the holiday isn’t too bad and at least no points. I drive 2 high performance cars normally so quite amusing I get a ticket whilst driving the van ?. First ticket in about 20 years

We have been back from our trip down to Spain for 6 weeks now and no sign of any tickets. I know I was flashed on the way out and on the way back coming through France - nothing startlingly fast, just over. Fingers crossed...

As speed limits are different for MH's under 3.5t compared to those over 3.5t, I wonder how the cameras can differentiate...as the rear/front of a MH looks like any other MH. I guess it would have to be a manual job for les flics to look at the data on each MH flashed and ascertain it's weight.

Graham
smile.gif

I still find it disconcerting when the speed cameras flash as you drive along the dual carriageways in France, especially this time because of the change in the limit on ordinary roads, which make the long straight roads even more tedious.

I found it very confusing when we were in France and got flashed even though we were not speeding, I assume they have some kind of height sensor and sensed we were a lorry. Had no tickets and until this thread thought once you were home and dry you were safe and it was only the police stop fines that needed payment.

Yes it is disconcerting and is similar to the point I made in post #25 too: speed limits are different for different weight MH's (as well as lorries).

Graham
smile.gif

Well we got another on the way home. Tells you where and when, but had no idea that we’d been flashed. It may now pay to go down the toll roads. €90 would have given us a fair amount of toll fees - now there’s a thought - are they hoping to push people on to the mways.

Well we got another on the way home. Tells you where and when, but had no idea that we’d been flashed. It may now pay to go down the toll roads. €90 would have given us a fair amount of toll fees - now there’s a thought - are they hoping to push people on to the mways.
Yes probably, that and getting folks to slow down off the motorways

I've been 'pulled' in the UK twice for driving too slow... The most recent whilst crawling uphill the officer said he thought I was drunk [a neat trick for a teetotaller], the first time by a motorway cop when I couldn't scrape 50 mph uphill against a savage headwind whilst towing. I didn't intend to, just the simple fact that old Merc engines plod on and on and on... with the accent on plod. :)

I've been 'pulled' in the UK twice for driving too slow... The most recent whilst crawling uphill the officer said he thought I was drunk [a neat trick for a teetotaller], the first time by a motorway cop when I couldn't scrape 50 mph uphill against a savage headwind whilst towing. I didn't intend to, just the simple fact that old Merc engines plod on and on and on... with the accent on plod. :)

When I had my 207D I was advised to only drive it at night,because then it can't see the hills coming!

Just to make some of you feel better.
A French mate of mine (lives in UK) has recently returned from a week/10 days back home. First day, on spot fine €90. Returning home, a few weeks ago, 1 speeding fine already through the post. Today, another one through the post.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back