Songs you can't listen to anymore

wildebus

Are there any songs that you can no longer enjoy properly because of the way it has been used on a TV program or maybe an Advert?

The main one for me is whenever I hear Roy Orbison doing "crying", my brain always switches to the Only Fools and Horses sketch

cwwyying :ROFLMAO:

Wully

Are there any songs that you can no longer enjoy properly because of the way it has been used on a TV program or maybe an Advert?

The main one for me is whenever I hear Roy Orbison doing "crying", my brain always switches to the Only Fools and Horses sketch

cwwyying :ROFLMAO:
Made my day😂😂 I’ve seen this 100 times I still love it

Minisorella

I used to like it but absolutely can't stand listening to 'Lovely Day' any more. Not because it's been used and abused in any way but just because the repetition of 'lovely day, lovely day, lovely day' at the end drives me bonkers now. I keep thinking, enough already - just stop singing! Then, of course, it's stuck in my head for the rest of the day grrrrrr :mad:

The film Coming to America totally ruined Whitney's 'Greatest Love of All' for me... I can't hear it now without waiting for Randy Watson (another Eddie Murphy cameo) to yell 'sexual chocolate' :ROFLMAO:

StreetSleeper

I heard this cover of a 60's classic by The Singing Postman whilst walking along the seafront of Southend in the height of the punk era; nearly as good as My Way by Sid

Rae

wildebus

That's how I feel every time I hear Hey Jude; la la la la at the end.

Rae
I don't like hearing Hey Jude much as that is the song my dad went into the flames to (i.e. Played as his casket rolled away in the crematorium)

• Sad
Reactions: Rec

time4t

I used to love the song Sunarise, used to sing it to my daughter to get her to sleep.

I don't listen to it anymore, what a horrible worm Rolf Harris is!!

StreetSleeper

what a horrible worm Rolf Harris is!!
Hello Phill,
I have to admit I own a Stylophone purely for one reason, I always wanted to play Telstar; you know, the Tornado's hit. Unfortunately, nowadays I think most people, including myself, would find this politically incorrect.

Rae

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)