Songs you can't listen to anymore

wildebus

Are there any songs that you can no longer enjoy properly because of the way it has been used on a TV program or maybe an Advert?

The main one for me is whenever I hear Roy Orbison doing "crying", my brain always switches to the Only Fools and Horses sketch

cwwyying :ROFLMAO:

Are there any songs that you can no longer enjoy properly because of the way it has been used on a TV program or maybe an Advert?

The main one for me is whenever I hear Roy Orbison doing "crying", my brain always switches to the Only Fools and Horses sketch

cwwyying :ROFLMAO:

Made my day?? I’ve seen this 100 times I still love it

I used to like it but absolutely can't stand listening to 'Lovely Day' any more. Not because it's been used and abused in any way but just because the repetition of 'lovely day, lovely day, lovely day' at the end drives me bonkers now. I keep thinking, enough already - just stop singing! Then, of course, it's stuck in my head for the rest of the day grrrrrr :mad:

The film Coming to America totally ruined Whitney's 'Greatest Love of All' for me... I can't hear it now without waiting for Randy Watson (another Eddie Murphy cameo) to yell 'sexual chocolate' :ROFLMAO:

I used to love the song Sunarise, used to sing it to my daughter to get her to sleep.

I don't listen to it anymore, what a horrible worm Rolf Harris is!!

THIS ONE HAS JUST BEEN ON THE RADIO

Last week I was at the funeral of a band member of the 60s group the Fortunes. We carried his coffin out of church to a recording of one of his biggest hits. It was a touching moment, however the irony wasn’t lost on me as the song was, you’ve got your troubles I’ve got mine. It certainly makes you count your blessings.

Eeny meeny miny mo catch a .... by the toe.

Blah blah black sheep it’s now woolly sheep

Eeny meeny miny mo catch a .... by the toe.

Blah blah black sheep it’s now woolly sheep
From an area where we are known as 'wooly backs' and if I were sober, I would be offended, but sadly I'm not, but my revenge will come later once I regain my equilibrium--------------it's been a hard weekend

watching a film on "Talking Pictures" just now. Actually had Cliff Richard in his very first screen appearance and he did a few songs in it.

This was one and reminded me of the 'other' version :)

:D

Baby shark - My husband thinks it's funny to have it play through the house speakers at ramdom moments usinging his phone to remotly play it from wherever he is at the time.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back