Sprinter pre-heater

As you can see from my profile I’ve got the 2001 Mb sprinter 311/Hymer B680 2.1 diesel, I’ve been underneath and I can’t find any sort of pump ? But I can see a small plastic pipe going toward the tank, is it possible that the pump is actually inside the “box/heater unit” in the engine compartment ?

I’ve got the EBL 99 under the passenger seat (RHD) that’s basically for the Hymer part (fuses) the sprinter fuses are under the steering column, I’ve changed all the fuses to the led type (led lights when the fuse blows) but there are no blown fuses, am I missing something, I’m wondering if the pump is working ?

The heater will have been fitted by mercedes if the controls are combined with the other dash heater controls so the power will be supplied from the chassis battery / fuses

(not the EBL “caravan” 12v supply)

The link that was previously posted by Mistericeman is very informative have you read through it yet ? :-

Have you the original Mercedes sprinter manual . Read it to check you are setting the controls correctly it will be in the heater section if it only works when the engine is running then its an auxiliary heater

The fuel pump is an inline small pump that normally has a large plastic collar type bracket around it to fasten it to chassis

See photos
Eg. https://www.ebay.co.uk/c/647980332

Mine is very quiet when it comes on, no smoke and you have to struggle to hear it, when engine is running and red light on put you hand over the exhaust (check it’s not red hot first) under passenger wheel arch then if you can’t feel anything smell your hand for exhaust. Do it when you first start with cold engine though as it won’t come on when up to temp.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back