Standard weigh for giving payload?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7512
  • Start date
We are lucky we have 850kg of payload and a tag axle so don't really give it much thought. Quick 'man maths' suggest a full load of diesel, water, myself and Mrs GMJ would be less than 400kg. add in the beer...another 50kg.
hehe.gif

We are lucky we have 850kg of payload and a tag axle so don't really give it much thought. Quick 'man maths' suggest a full load of diesel, water, myself and Mrs GMJ would be less than 400kg. add in the beer...another 50kg.
hehe.gif
I was described by a former Senior Social Worker work colleague as, in her professional opinion, 'a total anal retentive', so the 'that's about right' approach is never going to sit comfortably with me. Which is why I started off with the Dealer weighed figure and then weighed every item that went into the Van ...

Who else would have a system to show that they are in their 38th week of ownership of the Motorhome, are averaging 86 miles per week in the Van, and are predicting an annual mileage of 4501? More importantly, who else would want to know these [and other ...] data? :rolleyes:

Steve

Furry muff Steve

If/when we downsize our MH I'll pay more attention to it but until then I carry what I want/use. I do go through it annually and take out stuff I have not used or don't see a need for anymore.

I'm not sure I even own another 500kg of stuff to be able to go overloaded tbh
hehe.gif

Furry muff Steve

If/when we downsize our MH I'll pay more attention to it but until then I carry what I want/use. I do go through it annually and take out stuff I have not used or don't see a need for anymore.

I'm not sure I even own another 500kg of stuff to be able to go overloaded tbh
hehe.gif
I should have been named Justin Case to reflect the amount of kit that I carry [including a 12v Soldering Iron and a mains counterpart, and 2 boxes of fuses ...] for both the Van, and the bikes, Graham. Brunhilde is our first motorhome, and we are learning as we go, and having kit installed that should enable us, eventually, to just drive off and enjoy the trip ... The problems with the ECU/Airbag failure and the damage that the [Original Dealer] caused with the cross wiring of the radio and camera has dented confidence in the m/home, but the remedial work, culminating in Tuesday's AMT 12 Battery Relay and B2B Charger installation by a very patient David at Wildebus [who is probably of the opinion that I disproved the adage that 'the only stupid question is the one that you don't ask' ...], might encourage me to carry fewer spanners with me ... Fortunately, David didn't need to ask if I was carrying a multi cutter power tool and a new set of Bosch Blades plus a decent sized piece of sheet metal, 'Justin Case we needed to cut any apertures/make any brackets ... At least I did have the confidence to leave the Pop Riveter at home (y)].

One day, I'll look back at Winter 21 and smile; but not in the foreseeable future!

Steve

I also carry a good variety of stuff with me...including a torque wrench...but no soldering iron. I have a pretty comprehensive tool kit and a couple of containers inside the MH with 'man stuff' in them...things that may well come in useful!

Do you carry a spare habitation water pump? It's worth it Steve as if it breaks it kind of snookers you really. They are around 40 quid and not too bulky or heavy. I always carry one and it saved me once on a trip when mine failed. It's a fairly easy swap over as well if you can get access to it.

The first year we stayed at Bonterra Park in Benicassim,, there was a Swedish chap there who had towed a tall box trailer with him, behind his MH (self build I think). A single older chap, he spent months there apparently. The box trailer basically looked like a workshop. I saw him using a variety of hand tools and I think I saw a vice being used too. I suspect numerus campers went to him for odd jobs which helped him fill his time.

I also carry a good variety of stuff with me...including a torque wrench...but no soldering iron. I have a pretty comprehensive tool kit and a couple of containers inside the MH with 'man stuff' in them...things that may well come in useful!

Do you carry a spare habitation water pump? It's worth it Steve as if it breaks it kind of snookers you really. They are around 40 quid and not too bulky or heavy. I always carry one and it saved me once on a trip when mine failed. It's a fairly easy swap over as well if you can get access to it.

The first year we stayed at Bonterra Park in Benicassim,, there was a Swedish chap there who had towed a tall box trailer with him, behind his MH (self build I think). A single older chap, he spent months there apparently. The box trailer basically looked like a workshop. I saw him using a variety of hand tools and I think I saw a vice being used too. I suspect numerus campers went to him for odd jobs which helped him fill his time.
Graham,

There is a really good Caravan/Motorhome Dealer [Movilrodan], just outside Bennicassim that we travelled to from Moncofa to get bits and pieces for Swifty, the 16 year old Touring Caravan that we bought the day before leaving for Spain ... A Motorhomer at Moncofa had a water pump fail, and Movilrodan had a replacement in stock and even built a wooden platform to improve the installation/maintenance on the same day. There is also Autocaravanastambo at Benicarlo, at Avenida Papa Luna, 402 Benicarlo. Ramon [Tambo] and his wife are motorhome owners who do repairs and servicing and appear to have expanded into Motorhome Rental. Ramon speaks excellent English ['Bloody English Vans, you cannot get spare parts for Whale Pumps in Spain!'], and has access to a number of spares that other Mobile Repairers told us were no longer in production. Ramon fitted a new Fridge Element at Camping Alegria, Benicarlo in our Gobur Folding Caravan and serviced the frisge, cleaning the flue and doing a thorough check of the electrics and gas supplies whilst the frisge was removed, for €152, including Call Out Fee in 2019

Steve

• Thank You
Reactions: GMJ
I'd still carry a water pump just in case Steve. As I said, having one fail on me (which I then sold on Ebay for 25 quid as broken!!) could have truncated our trip and I don't think I would reply on finding a spare if in the middle of nowhere.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back