steering Wheel locks

As @2cv said Disklok are very good, I have one for sale if interested. I need to check the size. The only downside is they are fairly heavy.

Another alternative and not to heavy is the Clutch Claw it clamps your pedals so the vehicle can't be driven.

As @2cv said Disklok are very good, I have one for sale if interested. I need to check the size. The only downside is they are fairly heavy.

Another alternative and not to heavy is the Clutch Claw it clamps your pedals so the vehicle can't be driven.
Hi, how much are you selling your Disklok for? When you say heavy.....what sort of weight? Thanks for your reply. Will look at Clutch Claw too...hadn’t heard of that.

Whichever of these you get, find a safe place to store it when driving. You REALLY don't want one of them flying around if you have a serious crash.

Another one for the Disklok I have one on my van and one on the car great visual deterrent.

Whichever of these you get, find a safe place to store it when driving. You REALLY don't want one of them flying around if you have a serious crash.

That is really good advice, I had a sturdy overcab area where I kept the Disklok and hookup cable.

+1 for the disklok......I store mine between the seats with the arm wedged at the front of the seat.

+2 for disklok, ours fits behind the drivers seat when not in use.

I looked into all the visual deterrents recently, asking the police for their recommendation, and the Disclok was their choice,
so I bought one, comes with a steering wheel protector and a bag to put it in,
Also bought a pedal lock to disable the clutch and brake pedals, but wish I’d bought the clutch claw, as on hindsight, it’s proven to be good

Another vote for the disklok, don’t go cheap it isn’t worth it, these cheap bars that go across the steering wheel can be removed in seconds

Disklok all the way.... Ideally with some additional welding...

About the best protection you can get...

Forget the single bar types as they are easily removed with a single cut to the wheel rim.

IMG_20190312_213700.jpgIMG_20190312_213647.jpgIMG_20190312_213630.jpgIMG_20190416_173432.jpg

Large and medium are the same fitment the medium just had additional packing (easily removed) to allow fitting to smaller rims.

Any ideas on the best (not too expensive steering wheel locks)?
We use a disklok on our chausson 610 easy to use and top ratings with the security bodies, we also have a pedal lock and seat swivel lock, thieves can get through any device but the more the better.

We use a disklok on our chausson 610 easy to use and top ratings with the security bodies, we also have a pedal lock and seat swivel lock, thieves can get through any device but the more the better.
All about layers....

More layers you have

Disklok
Pedal lock
Wheel lock
Fuel cut off
Electrical cut off
Swivel seat locked in rearward position etc etc

The more time it'll take to defeat them

And the more likely some scrote will look elsewhere as they don't like spending time
AND the more attractive someone else's with less defences will look...

This is a standard un re enforced disklok after 30 minites attack using a well equipped workshops hand tools (owner lost the key)

It only succumbed eventually to a angle grinder and a lot of noise.

IMG_20200627_113359.jpg

Reactions: 2cv

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back