More layers you have

Disklok
Pedal lock
Wheel lock
Fuel cut off
Electrical cut off
Swivel seat locked in rearward position etc etc

The more time it'll take to defeat them

And the more likely some scrote will look elsewhere as they don't like spending time
AND the more attractive someone else's with less defences will look...

This is a standard un re enforced disklok after 30 minites attack using a well equipped workshops hand tools (owner lost the key)

It only succumbed eventually to a angle grinder and a lot of noise.

View attachment 60780
Like many people theirs like a challenge

They help thieves , they use the leverage to smash steering lock then a hack saw through steering wheel,
What do?

IF you're referring to diskloks...
Then you've obviously no experience of them....

Diskloks will rotate around the steering wheel rim not allowing 'purchase' on the steering wheel rim to have any effect on the steering column lock

They help thieves , they use the leverage to smash steering lock then a hack saw through steering wheel,
Baz pop round to my van and show me how they would do this with a Disclok as it covers the whole steering wheel and rotates over the the steering wheel

What do?

IF you're referring to diskloks...
Then you've obviously no experience of them....

Diskloks will rotate around the steering wheel rim not allowing 'purchase' on the steering wheel rim to have any effect on the steering column lock

Baz pop round to my van and show me how they would do this with a Disclok as it covers the whole steering wheel and rotates over the the steering wheel

Pretty sure Baz is talking about the bar type, that was in his quote too.

Any ideas on the best (not too expensive steering wheel locks)?
I recently bought a commercial steering lock by milenco. Halfords online advertise it, but it’s out of stock. Hog mine on eBay £69.99 milenco high security steering wheel lock - (0512) anti theft

I recently bought a commercial steering lock by milenco. Halfords online advertise it, but it’s out of stock. Hog mine on eBay £69.99 milenco high security steering wheel lock - (0512) anti theft
Sorry BUT those are so easily removed by cutting the steering wheel rim that they are simply not worth bothering with.

After getting addicted to https://www.youtube.com/c/lockpickinglawyer

I've decided no locks are worth it to a pro! So its got to be seen as basic deterrent only - just make your van a few seconds more hassle than the one next to you. (Oh - and park next to any transit!)

(the guy picks/hacks/bypasses *anything* in seconds)

After getting addicted to https://www.youtube.com/c/lockpickinglawyer

I've decided no locks are worth it to a pro! So its got to be seen as basic deterrent only - just make your van a few seconds more hassle than the one next to you. (Oh - and park next to any transit!)

(the guy picks/hacks/bypasses *anything* in seconds)
Completely agree. I was once shown how to pick a lock with the correct tools. On my first attempt and in less than 20 seconds I had opened it.

I found the experience quite disappointing. :(

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back