Steve's super simple sloping solar :)

Looking good. If you have not done so already, I would suggest that you setup the two panels to work in Parallel, not Series to minimise the overall effect that a shadow on the flue may cast.

Thanks mate. I have to anyway, the panels are 29V O/C, and the ring controller is 50V maximum input.

Going back to you’re first post with the panels on kitchen floor bet you built bikes and striped down engines in you’re mothers kitchen know I did once had a cylinder head from a ford Capri in the bath soaking in some weird concoction think that was the day I left home?

Brillant Steve. Look forward to seeing the van some day soon.
Are the neighbours supportive?

They are. Since it's been there I've spoken to a few explaining it's just while I'm working on it, and they've all said they don't care. Next door likes it because it stops the postman taking a shortcut across his stones lol.

It'll go to storage eventually, Louise isn't keen on it being there as she meets customers at the house

When the panels are at a lower angle make sure the bars don't extend out from the front of the panel, this will cause a shadow on the panels at certain angles to the sun. You may be better off having a few different length sets of bars.

. And I can't get on the roof, the tilting needs to be done from a ladder on the side of the truck

Just a suggestion,my cab is a tilt like yours,I got a household aluminium ladder out of a skip,cut it to length and mounted it on the front of the box behind the cab,I was concerned about people being able to access my roof and it only takes a minute to tilt the cab and climb up.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back