The Scottish Caravan, Motorhome & Holiday Home Show SEC Glasgow.

runnach

Opens tomorrow, I was thinking of taking train to Glasgow on Friday, however, when you look at the detail on the SEC website, there is usually a list of businesses attending, detail of attendees for this year are missing. My only interest is look at satellite systems to replace my current fubared system, with no idea if any such stalls will be attending. Poor show says I.

Last edited:
Going to take a run up on Saturday morning Terry got the same deal going as always free entry got a couple of mates who are venders let me know you canny beat FREE.

Going to take a run up on Saturday morning Terry got the same deal going as always free entry got a couple of mates who are venders let me know you canny beat FREE.
Sssssh, Gordon will hear you!!

I'll let you know, I'm flexible, as you know :giggle:

Ps, My Mitsu don't meet the fume standard, is the usual route from Edin to SEC fall into the zone?

Stay on M8 carry on as if your going to Glasgow airport take Clyde tunnel turn off under tunnel then follow signs for secc it’s second exit as you come out the tunnel. It’s about 7 mins longer but takes you round the useless zone.

Opens tomorrow, I was thinking of taking train to Glasgow on Friday, however, when you look at the detail on the SEC website, there is usually a list of businesses attending, detail of attendees for this year are missing. My only interest is look at satellite systems to replace my current fubared system, with no idea if any such stalls will be attending. Poor show says I.
Check out this?

Stay on M8 carry on as if your going to Glasgow airport take Clyde tunnel turn off under tunnel then follow signs for secc it’s second exit as you come out the tunnel. It’s about 7 mins longer but takes you round the useless zone.
If I dont use public transport, I can take the Merc, which complies. I normally park at the Science Centre, far cheaper than the rip parking fees at the SEC.

I shall be in touch. (y)

Where did you source the linked detail, David? I went back into SEC site, I couldn't the detail you posted to me, cheers (y)
Just did a search. The SEC are just the hosts for the show so probably don't have any real details other than the basics.

Yes correct, I noticed after posting #9, your link is to the organisers website. I know previous shows had the info on the SEC website, which was probably a link, strange no link, even right now on SEC website, no detail or link to exhibitor list, poor show.

Yes correct, I noticed after posting #9, your link is to the organisers website. I know previous shows had the info on the SEC website, which was probably a link, strange no link, even right now on SEC website, no detail or link to exhibitor list, poor show.
I went to the Scottish Motorhome show back in 2017 and I though it quite good, although a little smaller than I expected.
I think the pricing of the show+parking shocking, especially considering the ticket price of the most bigger show at the NEC.

Parked at the 'attached' carpark a few times whe going to events at the SEC and Hydro and everytime leaves me annoyed!

I wouldn't expect the SEC to have any real details of exhibitors as these will always to subject to change, so best to have just the one source, but 100% for sure they should have a simple link to caravanshowscotland and a bit more info. Could be a fault with the SEC or the organisers may be at fault not giving the hosts the info, but either way, between the two of them they have failed the show visitors - AND the exhibitors as well for that matter.

Leaving Waverley right now on train to Glasgow SEC. Train journey to Glasgow is a first, sit back and enjoy the countryside 😁

Back on train to Edinburgh, I can’t say I was in pressed with show. 3 A class, 2x Cathargo, 1 Adria Sonic, all the price of a small house.

I used to drive down every year but the show seemed to be getting less and less interesting for me. I suppose that having had vans for a while now I’ve learnt who I think are the best suppliers for various accessories now and have no need to go to the show. I suppose that if I was looking for a new van I maybe would go back again but for me I really can’t be bothered to trek down to Glasgow just for the show these days. Mind you with two EV’s now I have no problem with the LEZ!!

I went for a specific reason, which made the trip worthwhile. There were plenty motors to view, but hard lines if you are looking for an A-Class to look over. Have to say, those trailer tents are astounding, open out to take over a massive area, not for me though.

Terry spill the beans. I’m going tomorrow 10 minutes on the train and free entry and treated to lunch. Looking at vans but not in a hurry fancy a cathargo but will probably settle for a second hand one 2 3 years old.

Wully, the three a class on view were all over 100k, you better have rake behind your couch to beef up your funds 😂

Sue was there, the lady we bought the FF from, she said where is the handsome debbil that was with me last year 😂

Wully, what is your feedback on the show, new tag Cathargo pending?

Im glad I didn’t pay to get in. It was that shower BC motorhomes from Ayr that had the two cathargo vans nice but the smaller tag 8 meters 164k and that was 2 years old the bigger one was 190k+ for extras fitted. I had a look at them both nice but not my money. The rest of the show was pathetic but I never seen so many vans with sold stickers mainly VW transporters and other conversions there’s still money around. I liked the knaus van on a crafter chase that’s what I went to look at but it’s too small. Overall a wasted day. I never even bought a coffee.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back