The Scottish Caravan, Motorhome & Holiday Home Show SEC Glasgow.

Ah your BC pals, what did you use for your added decals trick, a galvi or copper roof nail
Yes the Knaus is a nice motor, not for me at this time. Some MH’s had sold stickers when I was there, you had to ask to view, which is fair enough. Maybe one day I’ll make it to the Birmingham show, which seems to be the one to go to.

Did you say hello to the lovely Sue, Wully?

I never stayed long Terry. one of the salesman on that pitch with the knaus owns my old Dethleffs we got talking and he asked what van I had told him and he said I’ve a Dethleffs too a big silver one with Irish plates I remembered the reg and he said that’s it. Showed us a photo and it still looks like new.

I went for a specific reason, which made the trip worthwhile. There were plenty motors to view, but hard lines if you are looking for an A-Class to look over. Have to say, those trailer tents are astounding, open out to take over a massive area, not for me though.
Terry, we had a trailer tent and it was fantastic. At one point we had 20 folk sitting on camp chairs playing various musical instruments inside. It was fantastic. One of our friends walked in and said "B .... hell, it's the Russell village hall". We only gave it up as Donald's health deteriorated. In France it took us 4 hrs to set up as folk kept coming over to chat and be amazed at what was stored in it. That was the only downside.

Terry, we had a trailer tent and it was fantastic. At one point we had 20 folk sitting on camp chairs playing various musical instruments inside. It was fantastic. One of our friends walked in and said "B .... hell, it's the Russell village hall". We only gave it up as Donald's health deteriorated. In France it took us 4 hrs to set up as folk kept coming over to chat and be amazed at what was stored in it. That was the only downside.
We had a Conway corniche trailer tent and it was a great bit off kit we took it to France a couple of time as well .Like you say it was huge inside .

Last edited:
Thea, were some real crackers on view, huge amount of space when fully opened out, one in particular was the inflatable type, it had one fill point and was solid, and I guess easy to assemble, no four hour malarky!

Thea, were some real crackers on view, huge amount of space when fully opened out, one in particular was the inflatable type, it had one fill point and was solid, and I guess easy to assemble, no four hour malarky!
It was a good way to meet folk that time. Setting up was normally about an hour. Same as caravan awning but more space. At least now, five minutes were all set up but longer is we put up awning.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back