Things Only The Aged Amongst Us Understand

marchie

Just read Tim Dowling's column in the Guardian on what we learn as we move into our dotage, and not one mention of incontinence or flatulence ... I enjoyed the reference to the ability to monotask, a skill I acquired long before my time :rolleyes:

Growing old

Steve

When you get old it takes all night to do what you used to do all night
But, as you get older, you can now do what you used to do all night in under 2 minutes, including the time to take your socks off and smoke a cigarette

Without the latter 2 activities, my PB is 13 seconds ... Almost as quick as doing a Rubik's Cube, and involving many of the same manoeuvres ... 🤭

Steve

Luckily I can't find my glasses, so I can't read this thread😁
So my mother's warnings of going blind were tru6, then? Or, as Dave Allen's punchline about the old lady who fell over in church, revealing her bloomers to the congregation, had it, Murphy's retort to the Priest's warning of blindness if anyone looked, was ...

'I think I'll risk one eye ...' 😁

Steve

But, as you get older, you can now do what you used to do all night in under 2 minutes, including the time to take your socks off and smoke a cigarette

Without the latter 2 activities, my PB is 13 seconds ... Almost as quick as doing a Rubik's Cube, and involving many of the same manoeuvres ... 🤭

Steve
You take your socks off ?

Even then still seems quite deviant
Not really; I'm prone to Athlete's foot (saving up for the rest of the athlete), and leaving my socks on encourages infection, whilst the smell of the cream tends to kill the mood, and with a 13 seconds performance, it's a luxury I can't afford ... :rolleyes:

Steve (flashing his socks appeal)

Maybe standing at the bottom of the stairs and thinking, am I just going up to the loo, or have I just been !!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back