Thinking of getting a romahome van. What are peoples opinions please.

Good wee van but really depends on
A what your travel intentions are
B How many occupants
c is it all the year round useage?
D Great to park
E are you doung wild camping or sites?

I think it would be a very suitable vehicle for those reasons what chassis are you thing Fiat/peugeot
have you been in one
would you be buying private or a dealer
seen this one a while back tidy for mileage

IMG_3449.pngIMG_3450.png

Could be a better option than a Panel Van conversion .
Especially if you're short term wilding.
Look at its MOT history,

It's 19 years old
The chassis cab is designed to last about 10 years, as a commercial vehicle.

Number of previous owners?
Perhaps get the underside checked by a professional.
A damp/ hab check?

There's often a sad reason why one of these come up for sale.

Any doubts..?
Think twice.
Good luck.

Too small , too old , too uncomfortable
, very narrow beds , hate wet grass , very poor traction on wet roads . recently saw a single berth VW great for 1 person .

Last edited:
Romahome don't just build teeny weeny vans, they do coachbuilts around 6 metres long ...... or they used to.

Assuming you are thinking of one similar to the one in The Laird's link - I loved the one I had but there were downsides: mine was an old C15 base - don't be seduced by an old one of them, even if it looks nice, as body parts are hard to get now and they do rust a lot. Much better are the newer Berlingo based ones but even they are getting old now as Romahome don't make them anymore, haven't done for a good few years.
The single beds are very narrow.
There's a long overhang at the back.
Being front wheel drive and all the habitation weight at the back end, they really don't like wet grass, mud etc.
Beware of body swaps - as the habitation bit lasts a lot longer than the base vehicle there are a lot of cut 'n shuts about where folk have taken the fibreglass shell off an old C15 and stuck it on to a newer Berlingo and are passing it off as a genuine Romahome which it isn't. The genuine ones used a heavier chassis to support the weight. There is no way of knowing how well the swap has been done.
In my view, the ones currently being seen on the market are well overpriced for what they are.

However, you may be thinking of the Dimension or R30 which are van conversions? They are on SWB Fiat Ducatos and have a nice layout, but again they are fetching silly prices at the moment.

Yep some cracking micro campers out their old romahome 20 k ,3 year old self build .???k , but I do understand a self build is not for everyone

Reactions: MJK
Yep some cracking micro campers out their old romahome 20 k ,3 year old self build .???k , but I do understand a self build is not for everyone
I am looking for something small and I would be ok with a self build - as long as I don’t have to do it 😂😂😂

If you are thinking about it, then throw caution to the wind & do / buy one !!!!
At the end of the day the Romahome is always worth something £££££ if you decide its not for me in the future ,but at least u have given it your best shot ,,,, Live for today 😁
Don’t encourage me. I am throwing caution to the wind 😂😂😂 me and hubby are having a camper each !!

I think it would be a very suitable vehicle for those reasons what chassis are you thing Fiat/peugeot
have you been in one
would you be buying private or a dealer
seen this one a while back tidy for mileage

View attachment 69185View attachment 69186
I really like this one. I have made enquiries about one today but it is in Scotland and I am in s wales but is doable. Thankyou for your advice very much appreciated. I will keep you updated

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back