" tip of the day "

cheyenne

Free Member

" wildebus " has a good idea with tin potato's drying them off then in the airfryer we slices our then fry them in the electric frying pan . taking tin goods is a must when touring as you sometimes never know where you park up for the night . cheyenne

if traveling abroad try & get a gas bottle for that country even if you have refillable's like us for extended touring .cheyenneDSC02756.JPGSDC11232.JPGDSC01717.JPG

Dunno if that's a good idea or not so I have to ask why?
take this coming winter Spain trip we are parked up for 60 days plus you want to keep pulling off site looking for GPL do you when i can walk 50m up to reception with my repsol bottle exchanged for 16 euros & keep my refillable as a reserve al so great to have gas bottle for a BBQ the same anywhere in Europe it works for us .cheyenne

DSC01935.JPG

Not a situation for most of us, but it obviously suits you.

take this coming winter Spain trip we are parked up for 60 days plus you want to keep pulling off site looking for GPL do you when i can walk 50m up to reception with my repsol bottle exchanged for 16 euros & keep my refillable as a reserve al so great to have gas bottle for a BBQ the same anywhere in Europe it works for us .cheyenne

View attachment 70825
Hey G, how does it work with the regulators, are they universal, or differ from country to country, eg: Spanish reg fit a Portuguese bottle, and visversa?

Hey G, how does it work with the regulators, are they universal, or differ from country to country, eg: Spanish reg fit a Portuguese bottle, and visversa?
you need to have the french & spanish regulators & feed it through the BBQ outlet or in to the LPG gas filler they are cheap as chip's .cheyenne

if you like fray-bentos pie ( camper pies ) years ago we was running short on lpg & needed to cook a pie so the wife after i opened the tin she took the pastry off the top & put that on a tin next to it . the pie cooked in half the time & the pastry was superb .cheyenne

try not to drive with a full tank of water if you can help it as we never do BUT on our last trip in France just before leaving a site i forgot to empty the tank full of fresh water ( i just leave a small amount in ) so driving on the m/way i noticed my mpg had dropped from 32 mpg to 24mpg then remembered the water pull in an sos layby dropped the water in to the rain ditch & back up to 32mpg . cheyenne

try not to drive with a full tank of water if you can help it as we never do BUT on our last trip in France just before leaving a site i forgot to empty the tank full of fresh water ( i just leave a small amount in ) so driving on the m/way i noticed my mpg had dropped from 32 mpg to 24mpg then remembered the water pull in an sos layby dropped the water in to the rain ditch & back up to 32mpg . cheyenne

So you are saying that approx. 100kg of water dropped your mpg from 32 down to 24?

Seems rather extreme.

When touring, we usually carry a full water tank just in case. This then gets refilled after 3 days or so. If we do move about empty or nearly empty, then in the grand scheme of things, it makes sod all difference to the mpg in ours (5t twin axle 2.3litre 2017 Ducato Autotrail Comanche).

Last edited:

I have a printed list of things to pack in the MH for each trip which I simply tick off when loaded.

Aside from that we use a simple post it note to jot any 'to do's on. Fraction of the price.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back