Toilet chemicals.... again

Isn't NON-bio bad for septic tanks?? I thought the whole thing was that septic tanks needed BIO.
No, the biological bit kills bacteria and it is the bacteria in the septic tank that makes it break down properly and not smell. It should be non bio for septic tank use. I do not know why folks keep sayin bio I suspect they prefer the smell rather than actually wanting the properties of it :)

No, the biological bit kills bacteria and it is the bacteria in the septic tank that makes it break down properly and not smell. It should be non bio for septic tank use. I do not know why folks keep sayin bio I suspect they prefer the smell rather than actually wanting the properties of it :)

It was my understanding that when they refer to BIO in washing and cleaning products they are actually talking about 'good' bacteria contained within the product, as opposed to the pure reactive chemicals in 'non-bio' products (which bind to the dirt to drag it out of the cloth/off the cutlery, rather than digesting it).

There's masses of different bacterias: for example - the flora in your gut that process the food you eat is 'good' bacteria, which, by-the-by, tends to be killed off by certain strong medicines, primarily anti-biotics.

Epercil feeds the bacteria in the fosse septic and this a biological additive, thusly the same or at least similar components are present in Aldi and Lidl bio tabs because they are the primary suppliers in France (to us peasants that is ) and they end up in the septic tank without killing it

Of course they will recommend there own product. Profit .

I've using bio for years no problems .
And I use it in my washing machine and that's fine to.

I agree, its all about money, if your happy using bio (which I do) don,t change just on there say, there scare mongering

Formil Biological Capsules from Lidl or Almat Bio Laundry liquid sachets from Aldi are the ones I use. In Spain they are not packaged the same but the Formil ones in the green box from Lidl are the ones you want.
You mean these?
15492742472952117014274.jpg

Epercil feeds the bacteria in the fosse septic and this a biological additive, thusly the same or at least similar components are present in Aldi and Lidl bio tabs because they are the primary suppliers in France (to us peasants that is ) and they end up in the septic tank without killing it
I have always gone off the water board recommendations for my septic tank Oppy and they stated non bio products. However, aseptic tank can recover from abuse and odd cassettes here and there would not impact a septic tank at all.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back