Tow car and trailer WANTED

RoaminRog

We are having a tow bar fitted, in a couple of weeks time.
If anyone knows of a suitable tow car and/or trailer for sale, could you please let me know. Many thanks. Rog.

Eyup young Rog, are you getting a caravan? Our little Kia used to tow our old caravan, so make me an offer !!

Ah, I've read it properly now, you want a caravan to tow a car, stupid boy oppy

Some of the A frame companies sell second had cars ready to go.
A web search will probably reveal a reasonable selection of converted cars.

Last edited:
Here's a few

I have a Brian James MicroMax trailer for sale if your interested. Have used it for a Citroen C1, Toyota Aygo or Peugeot 107 cars. It will take a vehicle up to 1000kg. Ive also had an MX5 on it to the south of France so good little trailer. Want around £850 for it.2019-03-11 13.08.32.jpg

I have a Brian James MicroMax trailer for sale if your interested. Have used it for a Citroen C1, Toyota Aygo or Peugeot 107 cars. It will take a vehicle up to 1000kg. Ive also had an MX5 on it to the south of France so good little trailer. Want around £850 for it.
Looks perfect Pete. Where abouts are you?
Could I come tomorrow (Thursday) to have a look?

Last edited:
Many thanks for your help and replies. Also a big thanks to PeteS and his charming wife Zelda for contacting me, re their trailer.
We popped over to see them today and were very happy with the trailer for sale.
So now we are just looking for a suitable (cheap) tow car.
I fancy a C1 or maybe a Peugeot 108 as long as it has a long MOT.
Don’t really mind high mileage because it’s going to spend the rest of its life on a trailer.

Many thanks for your help and replies. Also a big thanks to PeteS and his charming wife Zelda for contacting me, re their trailer.
We popped over to see them today and were very happy with the trailer for sale.
So now we are just looking for a suitable (cheap) tow car.
I fancy a C1 or maybe a Peugeot 108 as long as it has a long MOT.
Don’t really mind high mileage because it’s going to spend the rest of its life on a trailer.
The C1 is a great car. We were sad for ours go after many happy years of motoring. Driven ours through France and with the rear seats down good boot space. Without the rear seats down plenty of space for our weekly shopping,your be surprised. Very economical.
We traded ours in only due to a third grandchild. We need the three seats at the back.
Good luck Rodger.

The C1 is a great car. We were sad for ours go after many happy years of motoring. Driven ours through France and with the rear seats down good boot space. Without the rear seats down plenty of space for our weekly shopping,your be surprised. Very economical.
We traded ours in only due to a third grandchild. We need the three seats at the back.
Good luck Rodger.
Thanks for that. As you may have gathered at the New Forest Meet, Chris is not up to much on her feet now, and I thought by getting a little tow car, she could still enjoy her surroundings when we are away.
I do like the sound of a C1, but we will have to see what comes along.

Consider Matiz , Picanto, Swift , all very good for reliability , and affordability :)

Thanks for that. As you may have gathered at the New Forest Meet, Chris is not up to much on her feet now, and I thought by getting a little tow car, she could still enjoy her surroundings when we are away.
A car that was fairly short-lived and based on the same basic chassis (I think) as the C1 and 107 is the Peugeot 1007.
I wonder if this could be a good option for someone with more limited mobilty as it looks like it could be easier to get in and out of with its sliding doors? Might be nice as well if sitting in it, parked up with the doors back, to just relax and get a better unblocked views?

This is an example of a 1007 - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-...079827?hash=item3b315a6b93:g:Z98AAOSwvXZc0WGF

Rog, don't forget the Toyota Aygo and Peugeot 107 are the same cars... consortium built with just variations on the external appearance and trim inside. We were very happy with our Aygo.

Rog, don't forget the Toyota Aygo and Peugeot 107 are the same cars... consortium built with just variations on the external appearance and trim inside. We were very happy with our Aygo.
Thanks Jen, we did realise they were the same car virtually.
We are waiting to hear from DVLA about a point that AndyJanet contacted me about.
They are under the impression that when you reach 70 you have to undergo a fresh Driving Test if you want to tow a trailer exceeding 750kg.
This could maybe influence our future thinking.
R.x

If you have B+E on your licence when you reach 70 it will expire but you can renew it for 3 years and you will retain your BE entitlement which as you past your test before 1997 you can tow up to a MAM of 8.25 tonnes.
No test involved but you may need a medical same as retaining C1 for driving a motorhome over 3.5 tonnes

Thanks Jen, we did realise they were the same car virtually.
We are waiting to hear from DVLA about a point that AndyJanet contacted me about.
They are under the impression that when you reach 70 you have to undergo a fresh Driving Test if you want to tow a trailer exceeding 750kg.
This could maybe influence our future thinking.
R.x
You could always get a road legal quad bike on the trailer Rog :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back