Tragedy

Checked this mob out bunch of cowboys went tits up last week ripping punters off loads of people with cars not fixed be careful on the internet there’s hundreds of engine scammers out there.

Yes there was plenty of oil in her not sure what caused it but it’s spilt milk and all that ?

Plenty of oil, but wasn't there a suspicion that the oil pump had failed? If it proves uneconomic to recondition your
own engine, it might be easier to source a known good S/H 2.3 lump rather than a 2.8, there may not be any significant extra work involved in fitting.

Plenty of oil, but wasn't there a suspicion that the oil pump had failed? If it proves uneconomic to recondition your
own engine, it might be easier to source a known good S/H 2.3 lump rather than a 2.8, there may not be any significant extra work involved in fitting.
I think there was a few different opinions as to what was wrong it’s only now it’s actually at a garage and the engine is out that they can truly assess the problem and damage and it’s a garage that I trust.

Oh cripes Annie, you don't do things by half do you. Hope it doesn't take too long and doesn't cost too many bundles.

To everyone who is having big problems with their vehicles, I sure do hope they are fixed quickly & at a cost you can afford.
I've just scrapped my toyota because the rear subframe rotted through & even though I've never liked the car much, it never let me down, was like losing a friend!

Phill

Well had a chat with the garage this morning and it’s not good the big ends gone and there is bits of metal all over the engine so it’s a complete engine rebuild new clutch and timing belt so will be off the road for a while ???
Oh shit,i was thinking of getting in touch re octoberfest?

The 2.8 JTD Power engine has 146 BHP instead of the standard 127 BHP you get with the normal 2.8 JTD engine.

127BHP plenty enough for a M/H for most. Certainly more than enough for my Mbike!
Given only the choice between a known well kept 127BHP and a dodgy 147BHP I know
which I'd opt for. Depending on how much a vehicle is worth sometimes it only
makes economic sense to source a S/H engine, especially if the damaged engine
is beyond practical repair.

A big end failure is a rare thing these days , usually caused by a big right foot . you little girl racer . I would love to see a photo of your big end

Too much Vodka. Failed Engine
= Piston Broke

Sorry Annie and old joke.
I hope you get it all sorted as quickly and painlessly as possible. Best of luck.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back